3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Forgot to add option fro factory order!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 PM
joe3292003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgot to add option fro factory order!

Hello all,

Might have made a huge mistake. I forgot to add the tow package to my factory order, from about a week ago. I checked the VON on the dodge website and it says Production Scheduled. The dealer said there is nothing they can do. Is there someone else, maybe in corporate that I can talk to?
I know adding the after market hitch really cuts down on the capacity.

Please help!

Btw, First time poster!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
firemanprice
Professional

Hope you ordered a 2014, if not. This is the second mistake you may have made. Sorry I can't be anymore help. But welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride when it comes.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Jcloern RT

Try contacting thru email on the " contact us" screen on your VON page. I emailed them with questions about my production. Had answer the same day and it sped up my production. Worth a shot.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome...dodgecares should chime in with the best way to go about changing your order.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM
joe3292003

I'm just really freaking out. Don't know how i could have forgotten it. I have a boat to tow and I'm trading in my tundra for the durango. shheeeeeet!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Jcloern RT

So am I. When I got my tundra I wasn't towing anything, so I just got the 4.7 that was on the lot. Still a great truck but always regretted not having bigger engine to tow. The main reason I ordered the Durango was to make sure I got the tow package with my other options. Hope you can get something figured out. My Durango is being shipped to the dealer right now and I can't hardly wait. Only took 3 weeks from start to shipping. Very Impressed!!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM
backin15

When I factory ordered my last vehicle there was no commitment with my dealer where I HAD to take delivery. Can't they just sell this one on their lot and order a different one for you?

Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 AM
V for Victory
All Star

Im with Backin15 with this one, if you can back out then do it and order another one. or when it comes in refuse it, people do it all the time. Another option is to install the factory hitch yourself, their is a post on here with someone doing it and posting photo's, They said it was easy to do and cost the same or less then the price as an option.
Which model did you order, the R/T requires the bumper cover to be cut out and a insert being put in, the others go on under the bumper so should be less difficult. The dealer can also install it for you. When I was shopping for mine the only one local in white didn't have the tow pkg and they said they could install it for 800+. I then found my truck in MD and drove down and bought it. Good luck!!!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Just tell the dealer either he does something or you cancel your order. You don't have to keep that order.
If you ordered a 14 there is no issue they are still doing 13's so no 14's will be started until 13's are done
Just tell him to fix it and quickly
It can be done
when I visited the plant they often had change orders and they explained that it can be done.
Bottom line
"MR DEALER MAN...I DONT WANT THAT CAR IT DIDNT COME OUT LIKE I WANTED I WANT TO ORDER A DIFFERENT ONE"
Where are you Located joe?
STEVE

Old 05-12-2013, 12:06 PM
joe3292003

I ordered a 13, didn't know they were accepting orders for 14's. Thing is I used USAA's car buying service and 14's werent even an option. I got a killer pricer with all the rebates and I dont think they could be put toward a 14. I told them to add the tow package later in the same day that I ordered it. Come to find out it was scheduled for build the next day and was told by corparate and the dealer that once the build is scheduled that it cant be changed. Also I have my Tundra pending a trade in so not sure how long I can wait without the value dropping.

I talked to the sales manager and said that we have a few options. I feel bad because the dealer really didn't do anything wrong. But then again I'm paying 34k+ for a new vehicle and want it my way.

The D was a Black R/T with tech package and the Blacktop package.
I'm located in southern Maryland.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Quick Reply: Forgot to add option fro factory order!