3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Brembo BBK install / conversion 2013 durango

Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLAINTE06
Im beginning to think with all these mods going on that Uforkillerz is all of these

1 - Single
2 - No Kids
3 - Rich or Lottery Winner

or 4

Rich, kids, and an extremely patient loving wife that has a sh%t load of
jewelery

Congrats man, looks great!!!
married, with kids, work ~60 hrs a week minimum. i've had 1 vacation between 2007 and now.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
Thanks for the recommendation, your guy did a good job!
no problem, yeah he's great...congrats and enjoy...
now find a parking lot and fully bed those brakes...

alot of sets on ebay now for those waiting for deals or on the fence
when i did it there was like one set on ebay asking more than i paid new from
weRmopar...now theres alot available for slightly better deals and u can buy front or rear or individual calipers and wait for the others to come available

Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Anyone ever see if the factory 18" Spare will fit over the rear Brembo's? In the event a front tire went flat at least oyu could move a rear tire to the front and use the spare on the rear.

Front Calipers are on the way to see if they clear the 20" OE Replicas SRT's

Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I took my spare out for the air suspension but those brembos are no joke! Night and day differance from the stock brakes. You dont realize how huge they are until you put them by the stock brakes.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Mike hopefully I will never have to find out but Im betting on it being trouble...

MJ i realized how massive the front brembo calipers were the second I took one out of the box...!

When you see them already installed behind a front wheel in person on an SRT jeep they look pretty big, but you still don't fully appreciate how huge they really are until you actually see and handle one of them uninstalled in full 3D !!

Still loving the added stopping power and response, I'm never scared that I cant stop in time, Im only scared that the guy behind me cant do the same!!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Got a pm the 12-14 Jeep SRT's come with a 18" spare for Rear use only.

Calipers are on the way. Shipped today.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:44 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran

yup rear only, youre expected to put the spare on the rear, and move a rear tire up to the front in the event of a blown front.

luckily i am running $500 tires (runflats), i pray i never have to replace them asides from wear and tear.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:27 AM
tannman
Amateur

Looks good man. Nice Durango

Old 04-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but the one that was more recent here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...durango-3.html
It looks like the OP decided to delete the post so this one has the most current info.

Just went through and upgraded mine with the SRT Brembos. I wanted to keep a semi decent profile on the tire so I wanted 20" wheels. I was torn between the 9 or 10 inch wide wheels, but it looked like there were more options with the 9 inch so I stuck with that width. So for the wheels I went from the stock 265/60R18 tires and 18x8 rim to 265/50R20 tires (went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2) and 20x9 rim.

For the brakes, other than the Jeep SRT Brembos, I choose EBC USR slotted rotors (Front USR7597 / Rear USR7598) and EBC Yellowstuff pads (Front DP41853R / Rear DP41788R). I have had EBC parts on my last few vehicles and swear by them. Assembled the calipers with EBC Yellowstuff pads:

Everything waiting to go in:

In the end, the wheels were the Factory Reproduction 20x9 with 37.7 offset Jeep SRT (5 spoke) replicas in Competition Grey. I mocked up the new front wheel, rotor and brake caliper/pads to verify the wheel would clear. No issues, has about 1/4" of clearance:

So I got the Durango on the lift and started the switch. After installing the rotor and caliper, I test fitted the clearance again before pulling the old TPS out from the original rim. Again, no issues, clearance was great... it's about 1/4":

When doing the rotor, I found out a different setup than my prior vehicles. There's a dust seal that's installed in a grove on the center spindle that helps retain the rotor. If replacing rotors, pinch it so you can get a hold of it and take it off remove the rotor, then you can replace it when the new rotor's on.

I used the Goodridge braided lines (15010) on my install, it was easy to swap them.

Got the fronts on and bled with no issue. Here's the halfway progress:

Time to do the same to the rear:

And then all done. Really like the new stance as well:

Still breaking them in of course, so I'll have to wait to give an impression after that time period. I was very curious on weight difference of the upgrade, something previous forum discussions hadn't touched on. So I took weights of things as I went along and here's the results:

WHEEL & TIRE:
Old wheel/tire inflated: 67 lbs
New wheel/tire inflated: 77 lbs

FRONT BRAKES:
old - one caliper with pads: 19.5 lbs
old - one rotor disc: 24 lbs

new - one Brembo caliper with pads: 16 lbs
new - one EBC rotor: 32 lbs

REAR BRAKES:
old - one caliper with pads: 8.6 lbs
old - one rotor disc: 17 lbs

new - one Brembo caliper with pads: 6.5 lbs
new - one EBC rotor: 23.5 lbs

So the old brakes, wheels and tires weighted 406.2 lbs and the new weighed 464 lbs, so a difference of 57.8 lbs heavier. Not bad at all.

Last edited by Norge; 04-17-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Nice write up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brembo BBK install / conversion 2013 durango