3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

My MGP Caliper Cover Debacle

Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM
harv1234
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My MGP Caliper Cover Debacle

I ordered covers from Calipercovers.ca, MGP's distributor in Canada. The package came minus the clips. Unfortunate but forgivable.

I contacted the distributor here and had a nice conversation with customer service. A sales rep would get back to me.

Never happened.

I called back and got the (one and only?) sales rep and she told me she contacted the supplier and would overnight the hardware as soon as it came in. Granted, we did not set a firm date but my understanding was that it would be by week's end.

Now, after contacting both sales and customer service 3 times (they are one in the same), I've been told that "they don't know when the parts are coming in so they can't give me an ETA on delivery." They will e-mail me when they know more.

What??? Call your supplier, ask if the parts are on the next shipment, and let me know. My last contact, same customer service person again with the sales person yelling instructions to her in the background, was that she was finally going to call the distributor and send me an e-mail by noon yesterday (Friday).

Surprise, nothing.

I have the covers and they look great. I'm not going to return them out of spite. Just send me the hardware so I can plan the install.

I'm a reasonable guy. If there's a problem with stock, let me know and I'll wait. If you're just crappy at your jobs, point me to someone who cares.

I did contact MGP directly but I had to let off steam so thanks for the venue.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...totally unacceptable!

Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 PM
V for Victory
All Star

I would now return them and order them direct from a US supplier or direct from MPG. even after they sent the clips to me, LOL

Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 PM
harv1234
Rookie

I think this is the first time I've slagged a specific company on social media but it's so evident that they do not care at all about the problem.

As I said, if there's a supply issue, just be straight and I'm fine.

I don't see a positive in returning the items once they actually fill the order. As much as it might be a "screw you" move, the lost $$$ for them is probably nominal and not worth the extra money and time to try again from another vendor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My MGP Caliper Cover Debacle