3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Lockpick problems? Any alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lockpick problems? Any alternatives?

I heard some rumors that there were problems and issues with Lockpicks not working. I was just about to go by the CHR550. Do any of you guys that have or had one have any problems with it? Are there any alternatives to it that offer the same functions? (I know there is the NU-CHY2 by Pac-audio, but it doesnt have the audio/video inputs like the lockpick.

I was literally just about to buy it, when I heard there had been several issues/complaints with it, and just wanted to hear from you guys if you had experienced any issue with it, so i can decide if i still want to take the gamble and get one.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

I think it varies. I just got the Lockpivk V5, but have not installed yet, maybe this weekend. But from my research I think only major complaint on them is the terbbile support from Coastal Tech if you have any issues.They only warrant for 30 days. Only thing I thought I saw was comparable was this

http://www.navtv.com/product/174/allgig-xg-hs.html

I dont have an iphone so CHR550 didnt matter to me for ipod interface.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Music_Man82
Amateur

I have a Lockpick v5, It works great! I did have some problems at the beginning, but Coastal Tech was great with helping out and getting the situation fixed, I have some after markets screens in the back and the problem was that i couldnt get my aftermarket screens to work with the stock screen in front, so I went to a local auto shop and they called Coastal Tech and, after some hours, got it fixed. Im not going to lie to you, it took about 3 days of back and forth conversations with Coastal Tech and the auto shop to get my lock pick to work correctly, but i have had it installed since april with no problems

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM
jwr9152
Professional

No problems. Love it.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 PM
franco90
Veteran

Navtv will only un block the front tv thats all.
I have the CHR550 I have some minor problems but got to work I just have to follow the tech support advice ever since them no problem

Quick Reply: Lockpick problems? Any alternatives?