Register Forgot Password?

3rd Gen Durango 2011 models

Finally...

Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Record Breaker

Vehicle: 2013 DURANGO R/T AWD
Steve Smits
Default Finally...

If any of you have been wondering why I have been laying low since first discussing the new Rims on my D. Well Its a long and really unexciting story.
First its starts off, I order a set of SRT 8 Reps with Falken ST05 tires all mounted and balanced with TPMS Sensors and shipped to my door.

They arrive and the only issue I SEE is that they sent ****ty blank center caps, but no worries I know that the factory MOPAR caps fit since these rims take all factory DODGE, JEEP or MOPAR caps. My local dealer had the MOPAR's and he let them go for $29.99. So I snap them in and head home to install my new Wheels.
I proceed to install them only to find out I need something other than STOCK lugnuts (they are too big) SO I run to Advance auto and pick up a set of Chrome lug nuts. I get all the Rims and tires mounted and I Take a ride. They feel real good but I notice that the TPMS aren't working but I am not alarmed as I heard that it takes a while. I drove for well over 100 miles still no good. I bring the truck to the mechanic that services all my company cars, he hooks it up to a computer and somehow gets them to read...BUT the Tire light is still on reading pressures(weird) I double check with the seller and he assures me he put in the correct TPMS...NOT he was suppposed to put in factory Dodge sensors and he put in these.

They are very good looking and they will light up pressures BUT the light stays on...NO GOOD. DON'T BUY THESE ORO-TEK Sensors! He sends me overnight 4 Dodge sensors and unbelievably the oro-tek sensors above start working like they are supposed to, so we think we are home free....NOT AGAIN The light returns after 30 miles. So This Morning at 7 am the mechanic swapped in the new DODGE sensors meant for our D's and we re-balance and re-install tires and wheels on truck.
We take a ride and within 10 mins of driving all is well No lights, pressures read and we are all happy.
So today I give her a good clean up and here it is...

They are 20X9 +35 backspacing (stocks are 20x8) 265/50/20 so stock size tires, They take on a whole new look on wider different rims. The tires don't stick out past wheel well or have any rubbing issues. Secondly I have GOBS of amounts of room behind and inside these wheels should I eventually install Real Brembo Brakes, They will fit perfect.
I also took the time to advance order the Brake Caliper covers at the GREAT price from AutoAnything.com with my discount code for past purchases $149.00 delivered.
The truck drives and handles better than ever.
STEVE
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!

Last edited by FSTDANGO3; 06-22-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Record Breaker

Steve Smits

Front view of tire thread profile

Rear view

LAst one

Last edited by FSTDANGO3; 06-22-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Professional

Looks really nice! I like it!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Champion

Vehicle: '12 Dodge Durango R/T AWD

Looks great Steve.... Congrats!
'12 Durango R/T-Maximum Steel Metallic-AWD-730N-Adaptive Cruise-Rear VES-Leather Group-Tow Package Mods: Reverse HID's-Lamin-X tails, partial headlights & side markers-VG Sharkfin Antenna-20% Tint-License Plate LED's-Nokya Yellow Fogs!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 PM
All Star

Vehicle: 13' Durango R/T AWD, & 07 CTS-V, & 99 C5 Vette,
TPhil25101

Awesome look Steve, glad the drama is over and the wheel are on for good. Congrads and happy motoring.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Record Breaker

Steve Smits

Thank you V for all your help it was greatly appreciated
STEVE
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Record Breaker

Vehicle: 2012 Durango R/T RedLine RWD

Where did you get the wheels from?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Record Breaker

Steve Smits

STOCKWHEELSOLUTIONS.com
Corey is a good guy, he realized his tech made a mistake on not putting the correct sensors in and he ate the cost of 4 Dodge sensors, overnight shipping and even sent me a set of DODGE center caps.
He kept up on communication and he paid my mechanic for his time to reinstall new sensors and balance wheels and tires
STEVE
Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Captain

Vehicle: 2013 DURANGO R/T - AWD - BLACK

good job steve I love the look of those on your D!
(the only thing I would have liked better is 22's !) but honestly they look sweet on her! enjoy..
Old 06-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Captain

Vehicle: 2012 Durango R/T
mjnewman84

Looks good dude
Old 06-23-2013, 03:17 AM