3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Shell Gas in the D

Old 06-27-2013, 10:33 AM
SS2RT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does sunoco still have that 94 octane stuff ?

remember getting it years ago...i would like to try it again just to see..
or was it pulled for being BS ? !

Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
JRRF
Captain

This whole discussion is BS snake oil. Show me your dyno results and I'll give you some quarter. Otherwise this is all silly. Gasoline is sold and traded as a commodity, and so you might be getting "Shell" refined gasoline at the local discount shop as well.

It's also possible to get a bad tank from ANY station if you're at the bottom of their tank, or they have some problem.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to watch who delivers the gas to that station. Then watch that same truck drive next door to the next no name station.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM
RustyRT

Great thread. I have ONLY used Shell medium grade gas since I newly bought my 2012 Durango R/T. Even my wife knows this rule! It may be 100% psychological...but why ruin a good thing...

Shell gas literally makes bird wings come out of the side of my Durango and I can actually fly over traffic. Maybe its the Nitrogen enriched gas...but thats just a guess.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Waynead
Veteran

Originally Posted by RustyRT
t may be 100% psychological...but why ruin a good thing...
If it makes you happy, fine. I'm sure it makes Shell happy.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 PM
SS2RT
Captain

i stick with brand name stations and high octane..
if you search you'll find many stories about stations caught selling dirty and under-spec'd gas and its always a no name dumpy brand ...

Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

Lets get something straight, I posted this thread to tell others about my experience with Shell gas in my personal cars and several take home cars that I get from work that have those pretty blue and red lights and are usually in the left lane. I am not the only person at work or in this thread that has felt a difference in with Shell. I don't work for Shell Oil Company and am no way affiliated with them, so call BS if you want, but I am sticking with Shell.

Stop with the "dyno results" comments, for God sake it's a tank full of a different brand of gas and this a daily driven family hauler. If you don't like it or don't feel it runs slightly better then don't buy it again.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by inyadreems
Lets get something straight, I posted this thread to tell others about my experience with Shell gas in my personal cars and several take home cars that I get from work that have those pretty blue and red lights and are usually in the left lane. I am not the only person at work or in this thread that has felt a difference in with Shell. I don't work for Shell Oil Company and am no way affiliated with them, so call BS if you want, but I am sticking with Shell.

Stop with the "dyno results" comments, for God sake it's a tank full of a different brand of gas and this a daily driven family hauler. If you don't like it or don't feel it runs slightly better then don't buy it again.
I cant even try it...No Damn Shell anymore they closed up.
The same trucks may deliver fuels to different stations but that in no way indicates same products. Different manufacturers add different additives to the gas and have different process they refine by.
I agree that shell has always been a better quality product as well as Amoco Ultimate which contains techron fuel cleaner.
STEVE

Old 06-28-2013, 01:57 PM
huskerfan4lyf

Call me cheap (I am, and I know it), but the tough thing for me is that the local Shells are running $3.59/g for regular, whereas I can go to Sam's, Costco, or Walmart (Murphy) and pay $3.32 to .34/g. You go mid-grade and Shell's running between $3.79 to .89/g. OK, go ahead, call me names. I can take it.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
JRRF
Captain

This may be your personal experience, but without dyno results it really is all in your head (and guess what....it is:-) ). Some people think when the put a little spoiler on the back of their car that it goes faster. Some people put slick 50 in their oil and swear their car runs faster and gets better mpg. When I was a kid I was CERTAIN that when I got new sneakers I could run faster and jump higher. Whatever makes you happy -- fine. But if I were you I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shell Gas in the D