3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tipm

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TampaBrett
Unreal that I am paying over $1000 tomorrow to get this fixed on a 2012 which is the SAME part but is not part of the recall.
I would make it a point to let the GM know in writing my displeasure and intent to pursue reimbursement from his dealership for the inconvenience if this becomes a recall for your model.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wash Man
I would make it a point to let the GM know in writing my displeasure and intent to pursue reimbursement from his dealership for the inconvenience if this becomes a recall for your model.

That amount is over the self-authorizing good will they are allowed. They have to get paid if they do a repair. If Chrysler will not authorize it, the dealer will not just go and do it, because he will have to eat it on his own if Chrysler kicks it back.

As far as I know, they are not authorizing any TIPMs right now. I did a couple good wills a month or so ago, but they've been denying them lately.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-22-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:58 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
What codes would the dealer find if he query the DD's system? shouldn't some pop up beside just a CEL?
In the cases Ive heard/read about and in my case there were no codes. I never got a CEL, the dang thing just wouldn't start.
Most times there will be nothing on the scan tool. Sometimes there may be a rich or lean code generated during the time the engine is dying out or while it's partially starting.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:45 PM
TampaBrett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys don't even know about the recall, "it's not in our system". The last thing they are gonna do is fix mine for free and hope they get paid someday in the future. They were happy to point out I would be reimbursed if 2012 gets added to the recall.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

These guys don't even know about the recall, "it's not in our system". The last thing they are gonna do is fix mine for free and hope they get paid someday in the future. They were happy to point out I would be reimbursed if 2012 gets added to the recall.

Correct, it's not in the system yet.

FYI, by the time it does come out, it might actually include 2012s too. It might even be a recall they release in phases so they don't get in a pickle with the parts pipeline. It's been done many times that way. We just won't know until they're done and actually publish it.

As soon as I see it, you guys will be the first to know.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-22-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNtech
As soon as I see it, you guys will be the first to know.

Thanks for having our back. Corporate concerns ALWAYS come first regardless of the tripe they spout.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
HEMI-WAGON
Rookie
Default My 2011 AWD Crew TIPM...

BUMP! Cancelled my lift install and am heading to the dealer tomorrow to address my TIPM recall. No starts, and now as of the last week, all kinds of lights lit on the dash..ABS, service 4WD, service rear park assist, traction control off. AWD disengaged today in really bad road conditions and I nearly spun out. The service manager at my local Dodge dealer said they had a "wiring relay/workaround" to address the fuel pump, but acted completely oblivious to the reports of a completely faulty TIPM. See how it goes tomorrow, but after that conversation, I fear I might have a battle on my hands.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:41 PM
cspeed175
Default 2011 Durango Citadel TIPM

Hello all,
I noticed this thread hasn't been posted to in awhile but we are looking for some information. We recently bought a used 2011 Durango Citadel that had 53,000 miles on it. We noticed almost immediately that the rear blower was not working. We took it back to the dealership (under a 30 day warranty) and they ended up replacing the blower but it still did not work so they replaced the TIPM. We got it home and noticed the next day that the fog lights would not turn on when the button was pressed and instead the right front parking light would turn on. Also, when we used the right blinker, it lit up in the rear but turned the fog lights on in the front. The EVIC also alerted us that the left rear blinker light bulb was out but it was not. It's now back at the dealership and they say it's just "crossed wires" from when they replaced the TIPM. They did also put in an external fuel pump relay. We have only had this vehicle for 2 weeks and it's been in the shop for 5 days of that 2 weeks so far. We love the vehicle but are concerned we will continue to have electrical problems and are considering trading it in and spending the money to get a 2014 or 2015. Has anyone these problems been successful in fixing them and it's remained problem free? Thanks!

Old 06-07-2015, 02:38 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

The New TIPMs have to have some wire terminals switched around.

If they don't do it, the blinker will make the fog lamps flash. They apparently didn't follow the addendum sheet in the box. Someone experienced would know this. The sheet probably wasn't in the box and some noob did your TIPM replacement...or they just forgot

Old 06-07-2015, 03:40 PM
cspeed175

Originally Posted by TNtech
The New TIPMs have to have some wire terminals switched around.

If they don't do it, the blinker will make the fog lamps flash. They apparently didn't follow the addendum sheet in the box. Someone experienced would know this. The sheet probably wasn't in the box and some noob did your TIPM replacement...or they just forgot
Thanks TNtech for the information! Frustrating, it's back at the same dealership that replaced it so hopefully they will figure it out. Have you seen continuing problems even after a new TIPM was put in? Also, after the new TIPM was put in, we got a message on the EVIC display that said the key fob battery was low so they replaced the battery in both key fobs. During my research however, I have seen that can be a symptom of a faulty TIPM. Could the new TIPM be faulty also?

Quick Reply: Tipm