3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tipm

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 PM
durango yard ornament
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it is october and dodge has not fixed anything with their supply chain or their customer service. I have had my 2011 durango at the dealer for a month now and have been told I will have to wait three more weeks t gey my backordered tipm, 1800 on backorder. Called customer care at dodge and told me it would be expidited but couldnt give me a date. Needed tow vehicle to take family camping this weekend and was told they would pay for half of it if could find rental company that allowed towing, none do. I informed them I make a monthly payment for a tow vehicle that I cant use and they assured me they would try to get my partfaster. I guess now I am at the mercy of dodge. First dodge I have owned and will be last I advise you to stay away from dodge and there horrible customer service.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM
IEWRX
Professional

Just read 2500 backorder etween the Jeep and the Durango..... THere were nearly 400 listed as "critical".

Old 10-11-2013, 09:19 AM
mrsims65
Rookie

found this online if anyone is interested.

http://www.girardgibbs.com/chryslerl...investigation/

Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 PM
meg.williams
Angry Waiting almost 10 weeks

I have a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew. It has been in the shop since August 28th waiting for a TIPM. Called the Chrysler Resolution center on August 30th and they have been involved since then. I get weekly phone calls from them and all they say is they are tracking the part. How can they track a part when there are so many on backorder? They couldn't tell me how many were on backorder but the dealership shows about 800. I have waited 10 weeks and who knows how many more I will have to wait. This is ridiculous. We have 2 other Dodge vehicles plus the Durango. I can't wait to get rid of them and not buy Chrysler again!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
bster
Rookie
Default Electrical Issues

I am totally sympathetic to everyones troubles. I had a 2011 Citadel and experienced random electrical problems for two winters. My dealership threw some parts at it but in the end, they couldn't get things to work properly. They explained to me that it might be my cold air intake that is causing the issues. I should add that I bought the Mopar intake from their parts counter.
Anyways, after being told that the cold air intake may be the reason my stereo was malfunctioning, I asked them if they really thought I was that stupid.
One week later I was driving my brand new Nissan Armada Platinum, almost a full year of trouble free driving now, just saying -food for thought.
I pop back in to this forum every now and then to see what's happening.
I see things at Dodge haven't changed much.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Redux
Default TIPM Replaced - finally

Just had the TIPM replaced in my 2011 Durango Citadel, after waiting for the part since August 28th (see my earlier post). Vehicle appears to be functioning properly, and my difficult start\unable-to-start problem seems resolved. At this point I need a few days to make certain that no other electrical issues have arisen with the swap.

As of Monday, my particular dealer had received 3 TIPM units against a currently backordered fifteen. They had previously received six units in early September (when I was number 7 on the waiting list), so in total they have received 9 replacement units in 3-1/2 months against specific backorders for twenty-one.

As others have reported, Chrysler Customer Care contacted me weekly during my wait for a replacement part, but I am dubious as to whether they made any actual difference in the length of my wait. Dealership was great, they are as frustrated as anyone in the process.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
m8knuthink
Professional

I had this issue with my 2012 white RT and when they replaced the TIPM the starting issue was resolved but then there were other issues with the electronics on the D. After bitching with the dealer for over a month i decided to work out a deal with the sales manager and get the 2014 Durango R/T... Good luck to all that have that issue and hope the parts come in sooner than later.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:05 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Redux
Just had the TIPM replaced in my 2011 Durango Citadel, after waiting for the part since August 28th (see my earlier post). Vehicle appears to be functioning properly, and my difficult start\unable-to-start problem seems resolved. At this point I need a few days to make certain that no other electrical issues have arisen with the swap.

As of Monday, my particular dealer had received 3 TIPM units against a currently backordered fifteen. They had previously received six units in early September (when I was number 7 on the waiting list), so in total they have received 9 replacement units in 3-1/2 months against specific backorders for twenty-one.

As others have reported, Chrysler Customer Care contacted me weekly during my wait for a replacement part, but I am dubious as to whether they made any actual difference in the length of my wait. Dealership was great, they are as frustrated as anyone in the process.

Redux,

I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience that this has caused, but I am happy to hear that your part has arrived and was replaced. Please keep us posted if there are any other issues and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Redux,

I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience that this has caused, but I am happy to hear that your part has arrived and was replaced. Please keep us posted if there are any other issues and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
Dear Dodge Cares- can you give us any hope regarding Dodge recognizing the issue and working on an improved TIPM? Are the ones arriving in the dealerships the old faulty version or a new version with the issue fixed?

Also, any further word on the "work around" mentioned in these forums, presumably the addition of a relay external to the TIPM so the load doesn't fry the one in the TIPM? I will be taking my 2012 in to the dealer soon to get my occasional long cranking issue in the record before my warranty runs out, so I can eventually get a redesigned TIPM. What can you share?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

For folks waiting more than 30'days I have a question. Why haven't you lemoned the vehicle? If I am out of a ride for more than 30 days a lawyer would be involved and Dodge would be replacing a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Tipm