3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

What's a good Brand to use to Tint my front 2 Windows

Old 09-13-2013, 11:54 PM
mrsims65
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good Brand to use to Tint my front 2 Windows

Fella's,

Looking to tint my front 2 windows, what brand of tint do ya'll recommend?

Old 09-14-2013, 01:10 AM
undertow999
Amateur

Originally Posted by mrsims65
Fella's,

Looking to tint my front 2 windows, what brand of tint do ya'll recommend?
It depends on what type of film you want. You get basic tint all the way up to full ceramic tint. Hüper Optik is very high quality ceramic tint that offers probably the highest heat reduction, even in an almost clear tint.

What look are you going for and how much you wanna spend. If you are in SoCal I can recommend a very good tint shop. They arent the cheapest but they do awesome work and they're warranty is great!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:40 AM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by undertow999
It depends on what type of film you want. You get basic tint all the way up to full ceramic tint. Hüper Optik is very high quality ceramic tint that offers probably the highest heat reduction, even in an almost clear tint.

What look are you going for and how much you wanna spend. If you are in SoCal I can recommend a very good tint shop. They arent the cheapest but they do awesome work and they're warranty is great!
Trying to keep it close to the tint the D came with, NYS law states more than 70% of light must go thru the front 2 windows so I'm going to do 25%

don't want to do cheap tint...want to do a good heat reduction tint.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:19 AM
jeffsmachine
Rookie

So cal here, shop name ?

Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

I always use 3m. Warrantied and has never let me down.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM
undertow999
Amateur

Originally Posted by jeffsmachine
So cal here, shop name ?
Xlnt Tint
2940 La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 630-6227

I have had them tint 4 of my vehicles over the last 10 or so years and every single time it has been done perfectly. The tint is always cut right to the edge of the window and I have never had a bubble or discoloration problem. Also, they give you a lifetime warranty on all their tint, even the expensive ceramic tint, which some tint shops exclude from their warranties. I have had an awesome experience with them and I know that everyone I have referred to them , which is about 10 different people, have had the same experience.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:05 AM
jeffsmachine
Rookie

Xlnt Tint
2940 La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 630-6227

I have had them tint 4 of my vehicles over the last 10 or so years and every single time it has been done perfectly. The tint is always cut right to the edge of the window and I have never had a bubble or discoloration problem. Also, they give you a lifetime warranty on all their tint, even the expensive ceramic tint, which some tint shops exclude from their warranties. I have had an awesome experience with them and I know that everyone I have referred to them , which is about 10 different people, have had the same experience.
Thank You
I'll try them
I used Premier before , but they went out of business.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:10 AM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsims65
Trying to keep it close to the tint the D came with, NYS law states more than 70% of light must go thru the front 2 windows so I'm going to do 25%

don't want to do cheap tint...want to do a good heat reduction tint.
If the law says 70% light must go through then you need to ask for 70% tint to be legal. 70% is lame and a waste of money. 25-30% tint is a nice look compared to the factory rear glass. I had my purchasing dealer install 28% as part of the deal.

From a cop's perspective: If we can see you through the tint on a sunny day then we are less likely to stop you for it.

If you roll by and the window is black on a sunny day then you will get stopped for it. That is court and DA guidance in my area. I like how tint looks but i have been to more than a few car vs pedestrian crashes at night that can partially be blamed on "limo" tint.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

15% is a perfect match for the rears. 3M on all my cars never a issue.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:16 PM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by MIKEon22s
15% is a perfect match for the rears. 3M on all my cars never a issue.
Thanks..going to check a couple of tint shops to day and see if they carry 3m or Formula One and I'll check the 15% also

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's a good Brand to use to Tint my front 2 Windows