3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Taking the D to the Dealer (a couple of minor issues)

Old 10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
mrsims65
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking the D to the Dealer (a couple of minor issues)

The D is going to the dealer tomorrow

1. Passenger seat belt doesn't have any snap back (wife keeps getting it caught in the door when she gets out)

2. Brake light above the Tailgate has a opening I can stick my finger in (just notice it today)

3. Driver seat needs to be check look as if it shifted towards the right

Update:

1. Seat belt assembly is broken - Tech ordered a new one

2. Clips are broken and the spoiler is warp - Tech ordered a new one

3. Driver seat adjusted

Update: 10/08/13

Parts came in taking the D in tomorrow morning

Last edited by mrsims65; 10-16-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 AM
phengmeister

Spoiler warped? How does that happen? Check the top of your side mirrors for the same issue while you are still under warranty. Those could very well be next like on mine.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 AM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by phengmeister
Spoiler warped? How does that happen? Check the top of your side mirrors for the same issue while you are still under warranty. Those could very well be next like on mine.
Spoiler was warped in the area that the clip broke,under the brake light I have no idea how this happened, mirrors are good.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM
mrsims65
Rookie

Back from the Dealer it was a waste of time they replaced the passenger seat belt but the spoiler for the third brake light came in but wasn't painted the Dealer didn't check the part so now I have to go back tomorrow once the part is painted and ready for them to do the install (Dealer said the spoilers come unpainted now) they should've check the part yesterday....

Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 PM
mrsims65
Rookie

Finally got the rear spoiler installed on the truck have to go back in another week so they can buff it dealer stated he wants to give the Clear Coat sometime to settle.

Dealer also said they notice the rubber molding on the bottom of the windshield was loose in certain spots so they went ahead and ordered the part for me....the part is on back order...( so he said hopefully it will be here in 2 weeks)

Glad to have my Durango back was driving a rental (GMC Terrain) worse SUV I've ever driven it sat low and took a while to excelerate.

Last edited by mrsims65; 10-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by mrsims65
The D is going to the dealer tomorrow

1. Passenger seat belt doesn't have any snap back (wife keeps getting it caught in the door when she gets out)...
I've got about 5k miles left on the warranty, so should get my seatbelt looked at too. It retracts fine in the summer or when the vehicle is warm, but during short winter drives when it doesn't fully warm up, I'm continually slamming the belt in the door. Was yours sluggish, or not retracting at all?

Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM
clh1220
Amateur

My passenger seat belt retracts but it locks with a slight pull and you have to unhook it to get it to have some play in it. My passenger side vent is loose too.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by clh1220
My passenger seat belt retracts but it locks with a slight pull and you have to unhook it to get it to have some play in it. My passenger side vent is loose too.
Take it to the dealer and have them fix it...I.m having everything done while still under warranty no matter how simple the issue is.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by bbtkd
I've got about 5k miles left on the warranty, so should get my seatbelt looked at too. It retracts fine in the summer or when the vehicle is warm, but during short winter drives when it doesn't fully warm up, I'm continually slamming the belt in the door. Was yours sluggish, or not retracting at all?
it was real sluggish

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Taking the D to the Dealer (a couple of minor issues)