3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New performance 7 seat alternative.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Trace3rd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New performance 7 seat alternative.

Was looking for an alternative to the 2014 Durango, since they have not improved the performance much. Looks like the new Range Rover sport now has an optional 3rd row, although small. This was our first choice when we were looking to buy a new SUV, but the 3rd row wasnt an option in 2012. It looks small, but for an 8 and 9 year old it may be okay. This might be a good mix of "near' SRT GC performance, and "near" Durango seating options. Looks like Dodge needs to bring out an SRT Durango now if they want to keep me.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

A SRT Durango would make zero sense. Why would they compete against themselves (Durango vs. Grand Jeep Cherokee)? They wouldn't.

My suggestion is to research on other forums that are specific to the vehicle you are interested in. Coming on a Dodge forum and asking about a Range Rover is like ordering seafood at a steak house, it makes no sense.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Trace3rd
Professional

Wow, struck a cord, huh Fish? The reasoning is ive been anxiously awaiting the 14' to come out with the 8sp, thinking it would bring the performance of the Durango up to where I think it should be, but the last few posts about the 14' makes me think there is no improvement which is disapointing, especially if it is loosing the taller gearing in the RT. Secondly, the Durango would not compete with the GC, as the GC does not have a 3rd seat option, so it makes alot of sense IMO to have a performance oriented 3rd seat SUV available in the line up.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:24 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see it happen but I just cant see them offering the SRT8 Durango with the production numbers they are getting out of the Durango as well as the fact they would have to price it near $70,000. Just not happening imo...

Old 10-10-2013, 12:55 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Good Luck with your range Rover in 3+ yrs
Reliability is ****!
And believe me the problems we have dont even compare to what I have seen many Range Rover owners go thru and pay for.
STEVE

Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

you need to read the reviews coming out....performance is better. these guys on here have no idea and hate the 14 for some odd reason. I guess they don't want the platform to succeed and get better than what they have????

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...e_hyundai.html

heres a good spot for 14+ Durango info

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/

Old 10-10-2013, 01:01 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Doesn't strike a cord it's just that if I were looking for opinions on a better option than a Durango I would go to different forums and figure it out. I bought the Durango as it's hard to find a SUV that has the look, 3rd row seating, drivability, HP/TQ ratings, 100K mile drivetrain warranty ,and towing capacity that the Durango has. If towing wasn't an issue for me I personally would never own an SUV.

It's hard for me to figure out why people want a race/3rd row seater vehicle. It just makes no sense to me. It's like owning a boat. There isn't a single boat that does it all. This is why I own more than one HEMI and more than one boat. hahahahahaha

P.S. Nobody in here is hating on the 14. It's when you start making claims that Hemi owners need to watch out for a V6 that folks chime in. Again, load both 14's up with full payload capacity and slap a boat behind them and then do a test. There is no replacement for displacement. Not even an 8 speed tranny! lol Bigger platform, more HP, more TQ and mod for mod the HEMI will walk the v6. As it's stated in other posts.....just facts. lol

Last edited by fishandgrits; 10-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... seriously ridiculous!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

it was a joke.....grow up. You boys sure have some insecurities about your Durangos! No idea why...its a great truck and you have to expect the platform to get better..or its gonna die.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

No insecurities, some of us knew what we were getting when we bought it. lol Most of us own other performance vehicles so.......

Also, you are aware of the plans of the Durango going away correct? Just think Wagoneer. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New performance 7 seat alternative.