3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Drl dyi

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:41 AM
plasmageorge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody do a DRL LED strip mod, like the 2014s ? Either inside the headlight bezel, or just below ?
I saw a Youtube video of one guy do it, but the look blinding bright, and too "aftermarket".
I'd only do it, if it looked factory.

I actually prefer the 2013 headlight bezel, looks more Ram looking.
But,
I do think the LED DRL strip was overdue for Dodge....and is a more updated look, that seems to be the direction all cars are going.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think anyone has. but you definitely could do it with the right materials, i personally wouldn't try it because i think it would end up look like something a 16 year old would do to his honda. If your not good with electrical stuff and not a wizard when building things please dont try it :P

Old 12-13-2014, 10:24 AM
plasmageorge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thekoning
I dont think anyone has. but you definitely could do it with the right materials, i personally wouldn't try it because i think it would end up look like something a 16 year old would do to his honda. If your not good with electrical stuff and not a wizard when building things please dont try it :P
But that's exactly what the 14s have....a simple LED strip...which I think is so 5 years ago......These are available anywhere, just a matter of getting the color and brightness to look right, wired to a switched 12v.
This guy did it, but the camera he's using isn't showing the relative brightness, just a blooming glare.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh looks good! But ya that camera he used really exaggerates how bright it is. Ive used those led strips before the light is not bright during the day. Looks good at night tho.

The strip of light by the fogs on our jetta here was made using the same led strip he used in that video.