3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango 2nd row center console removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 12:34 AM
gdinero
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a mini floor console available

Sold our 2014 Citadel. I had previously used the info in this thread to swap the 2nd row console for the mini floor one. I put things back for the sale and now have the mini floor console for sale with some hardware. I would sell it for $20 + shipping if anyone wants it. Located in northern Dallas suburb area of TX. Anyone local can pick it up for free.

The following users liked this post:
Mark Heiny (07-01-2020)
Old 03-28-2020, 06:15 PM
LagerGuyPa
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LagerGuyPa
Resurrecting an old thread :

Is this Parts list applicable to any 3G Durango w/ 2nd row captain's chairs ? I have a 2018 R/T AWD with the 2nd row chairs and the full size console. I want to remove the full console & replace with the mini for a while until the kiddos don't need kid seats anymore ( currently 8 and 6 yrs old)

Thanks !
So, to answer my own question, all you need is the console, the matt & the name plate. you don't need to order the cup holder or hardware. And, like the previous user, I needed to shave off the bottom of the rear screw mounts to sit flush with the carpet ( I used a Skil Saw ) - all in, It took me about 45 mins to remove the old console , remove the old console mounting bracket, modify the mounting points on the mini console and install it. I was able to stow the wiring for the large console under the seat trim piece and re-used the old hardware that mounted the bracket to the floor.

Word of advice : don't gorilla torque the back screws down. Just snug + about 1/4 turn, otherwise the console will flex & bow inward in the middle.

Last edited by LagerGuyPa; 03-28-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Mark Heiny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini console still available?

Gdinero Mini floor console for sale with some hardware. I would sell it for $20 + shipping if anyone wants it. Located in northern Dallas suburb area of TX. Anyone local can pick it up for free.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in your mini if it’s still available! Called my local dealer’s parts dept on off chance it might be in stock, and he seemed unsure he could get anything before starting to add up some crazy parts list and prices.

Getting ready for summer road trip with dog and daughter, and he is not a fan of my new high center console. My 2012 R/T had 2nd row full (split) bench seat, but current 2018 has comfier seats with the big *** full power console module.

I know a lot use it as a step thru to 3rd row, but has anyone used this plus a filler to approximate a flat pseudo-bench seat surface? I’m otherwise thinking maybe a pillow on top of a cooler or something.
Thanks to everyone for their helpful comments on this thread.

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango 2nd row center console removal