3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2013 R/T or 2014 R/T

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jbry311
Nappa leather with tech and tow package.
I got the exact same thing. Paid $42,800 and that included tax, title, and license. But that was with EP pricing and $2000 off in manufacturer incentives. You'll love the car. If MPGs was your major worry, you made the right choice with the 8 speed on the 2014 IMO.

Just don't judge the MPGs off of the first 300 miles. During the break in period, ECO mode has no effect and you'll see MPGs as low as 8 (not kidding). After the first 300 miles though, the ECO mode will kick in and deactivate cylinders like it's supposed to and you'll see a huge bump.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Jbry311
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
I got the exact same thing. Paid $42,800 and that included tax, title, and license. But that was with EP pricing and $2000 off in manufacturer incentives. You'll love the car. If MPGs was your major worry, you made the right choice with the 8 speed on the 2014 IMO. Just don't judge the MPGs off of the first 300 miles. During the break in period, ECO mode has no effect and you'll see MPGs as low as 8 (not kidding). After the first 300 miles though, the ECO mode will kick in and deactivate cylinders like it's supposed to and you'll see a huge bump.
Hoping my buddy can get me employee pricing and also there's a $1000 rebate, so I may get a fair deal. It's also depends on whether or not they'll give me a fair amount for my wrangler. I'm about even on it, so we'll see if they lowball.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Jbry311
Hoping my buddy can get me employee pricing and also there's a $1000 rebate, so I may get a fair deal. It's also depends on whether or not they'll give me a fair amount for my wrangler. I'm about even on it, so we'll see if they lowball.
Just make sure you see the actual invoice with the EP price on there and that they're taking the incentive off of that price. That's how they should be doing it, but a lot of dealers are pretty shifty. I had to go through 3 dealerships before the last one actually got it correct. And that's the one that got my business. I really wish the dealerships weren't independently owned. It leads to a lot of these issues and uninformed buyers get screwed. And, unfortunately, that leads to people disliking Chrysler when, in reality, it's the dealer not following the proper rules and screwing the customer.

There was a poster on here that was getting the run around with regard to vehicle replacement from his dealer and they were trying to take the discount off the MSRP when it should have been off invoice. The pursuit of the almighty dollar has really corrupted a ton of dealers and sooner or later it's going to bite Chrysler in the ***.

Last edited by mcfarl58; 01-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
navyjetmech
Rookie

Neither. The Durango is the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I just traded mine in.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by navyjetmech
Neither. The Durango is the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I just traded mine in.
you have a 2011, basically the first of the durango refresh, i don't think its fair to compare the beta testers to the 2014 models.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Jbry311
Rookie

Just make sure you see the actual invoice with the EP price on there and that they're taking the incentive off of that price. That's how they should be doing it, but a lot of dealers are pretty shifty. I had to go through 3 dealerships before the last one actually got it correct. And that's the one that got my business. I really wish the dealerships weren't independently owned. It leads to a lot of these issues and uninformed buyers get screwed. And, unfortunately, that leads to people disliking Chrysler when, in reality, it's the dealer not following the proper rules and screwing the customer. There was a poster on here that was getting the run around with regard to vehicle replacement from his dealer and they were trying to take the discount off the MSRP when it should have been off invoice. The pursuit of the almighty dollar has really corrupted a ton of dealers and sooner or later it's going to bite Chrysler in the ***.
I know all about it, I work for a lender that provides financing to dealerships. See shady stuff everyday. It's pretty corrupt.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
SteelR/TAZ
Veteran

Just make sure you see the actual invoice with the EP price on there and that they're taking the incentive off of that price. That's how they should be doing it, but a lot of dealers are pretty shifty. I had to go through 3 dealerships before the last one actually got it correct. And that's the one that got my business. I really wish the dealerships weren't independently owned. It leads to a lot of these issues and uninformed buyers get screwed. And, unfortunately, that leads to people disliking Chrysler when, in reality, it's the dealer not following the proper rules and screwing the customer.

There was a poster on here that was getting the run around with regard to vehicle replacement from his dealer and they were trying to take the discount off the MSRP when it should have been off invoice. The pursuit of the almighty dollar has really corrupted a ton of dealers and sooner or later it's going to bite Chrysler in the ***.
Yup that was me .. and thanks to cooler heads *my wife* there was no way we were taking that bait ..

Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Just don't judge the MPGs off of the first 300 miles. During the break in period, ECO mode has no effect and you'll see MPGs as low as 8 (not kidding). After the first 300 miles though, the ECO mode will kick in and deactivate cylinders like it's supposed to and you'll see a huge bump.
no kidding, i'm at 600 miles in my r/t, and i've averaged 12.4 mpg in the 600 miles so far. i get 12.5 on my 2011 ford expedition with 22" tires and eco-unfriendly semi offroad tires.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
no kidding, i'm at 600 miles in my r/t, and i've averaged 12.4 mpg in the 600 miles so far. i get 12.5 on my 2011 ford expedition with 22" tires and eco-unfriendly semi offroad tires.
Something is wrong. Is there no highway use in that?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
I would get that looked at even if it's city driving (I see you are in 10304, betta lock ya door) , unless you are sitting at lights for extended periods of time.

The worst I have ever gotten out of a tank, hand calcualted was 13.7MPG and that was me doing some "spirited" driving. lol

Quick Reply: 2013 R/T or 2014 R/T