3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

?Dodge charges for warranty service when they can't find customer issue?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Todd567
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?Dodge charges for warranty service when they can't find customer issue?

Bosak Dodge Merrillville In.
Bosak has given me another reason not to go to this dealership in Merrillville IN. I took a brand new 2013 Dodge Durango RT with Black Top package and less than 4000k miles on it in for service. The service writer told me after I explained what issue I was having that I might get charged for the visit if they don't find anything wrong and it's possibly a snow issue. They called me this morning and told me the TPS sensor was on and they filled tire and it went out. The problem is the sensor was not on yesterday when I dropped it off. This is crazy I have two other vehicles with TPMS and weather has not caused them any issues. I also have never had any dealer tell me that if they don't find an issue I will still be charged. When did Chrylser start this? I will be contacting Chrysler to find out. Hopefully I will not have to get service from Bosak again. I'll go to Thomas or Griegers. (frustrated with poor service)!!

Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN...
But I will say that both our cars lost considerable air pressure when temps dropped to 0 and below last week.
Tires will lose some pressure when colder
STEVE

Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Waynead
Veteran

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
Tires will lose some pressure when colder
STEVE
That's physics, not Chrysler! I've had the TPMS light come on when it got below 0 and the last time I checked the tire pressure it was probably 50 degrees. That is going to happen no matter what car you drive.

But I've asked the dealer to check a few things where they couldn't find a problem and I wasn't charged for the diagnostics. Were they charging for the labor to put air in the tire?? If so, that's just lousy customer service and you should go elsewhere.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:57 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd567
The service writer told me after I explained what issue I was having that I might get charged for the visit if they don't find anything wrong and it's possibly a snow issue.

What was the issue you were having that caused you to take it in?

Old 01-10-2014, 08:24 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by Waynead
That's physics, not Chrysler! I've had the TPMS light come on when it got below 0 and the last time I checked the tire pressure it was probably 50 degrees. That is going to happen no matter what car you drive...

The aggravating thing is that we'll get the first cold snap of the season, and all of the gas stations have no air because the hoses/nozzles freeze. Have to ride around with the warnings and wait for a warmup - then of course the TPMS is happy so you have to guess how many pounds to put in so that when it gets cold again the TPMS will be OK. Luckily the larger tires on the Durango seem less prone to this than our 07 Charger.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 AM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 psi per 10 degree drop in temp.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by zaktrafton
1 psi per 10 degree drop in temp.
Now if I can remember to do that next year just before the cold snap...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ?Dodge charges for warranty service when they can't find customer issue?