3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

No drill front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
boosted20v
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No drill front license plate bracket

Don't know how I ran across this but figured I'd post if anyone is interested. Been putting off putting a front plate on my truck since moving to Texas. Got pulled over last week so my luck has run out. I am strongly opposed to drilling holes in bumpers and found this solution a while back. Great response answering questions and prompt shipping once my order was placed.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product...in-black-only/

Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 PM
NutmegState
Rookie

I see they have a Durango version

How did you attach it?

Last edited by NutmegState; 02-22-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boosted20v
Been putting off putting a front plate on my truck since moving to Texas. Got pulled over last week so my luck has run out.

I also live in Texas and have been putting this off. I don't want to ruin the look of the front.
Did you get pulled over because if the missing front plate or was there another reason for the stop? Did you get a ticket for the missing plate? If so how much was it?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:57 PM
kell4life
Rookie

I got a $25 parking ticket and had no front plate so they added $75 more so I made my own from a couple brackets from Home Depot that I bent, nuts and bolts with big washers. Nothing fancy but it works.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

If the police went to Vintage Park in Houston for Cars and Coffee on the first Saturday of every month to write tickets for no front plate, they could retire the city's debt in a year.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:32 AM
boosted20v
Veteran

It was a snap to attach, put the plate on, feed the brackets through the grill opening, it comes with a bar to put across the front which is attached by screws and you're done.

I drive by cops on a regular (staties, multiple county, pearland, COH, etc.) and am never bothered. It was a cop in the two block city of Arcola that pulled me over at 2 o'clock in the morning. He pulled me over solely for not having a front plate(he was obviously sniffing for something else). He was a total ***!! He gave me a ticket there isn't a fine, I have to show up in court in a couple weeks. My wife got pulled over in my truck a few months ago for the same thing, again in Arcola, and after talking to her I believe it was the same cop. He let her go with a warning.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
NutmegState
Rookie

It was a snap to attach, put the plate on, feed the brackets through the grill opening, it comes with a bar to put across the front which is attached by screws and you're done.

I drive by cops on a regular (staties, multiple county, pearland, COH, etc.) and am never bothered. It was a cop in the two block city of Arcola that pulled me over at 2 o'clock in the morning. He pulled me over solely for not having a front plate(he was obviously sniffing for something else). He was a total ***!! He gave me a ticket there isn't a fine, I have to show up in court in a couple weeks. My wife got pulled over in my truck a few months ago for the same thing, again in Arcola, and after talking to her I believe it was the same cop. He let her go with a warning.

That sucks. We have the same law here in CT however, police cannot stop you for not having a plate as primary offense. Unless you are speeding or something else, you will not be stopped simply for not having a plate.

The only reason I am interested is that I have to travel out of state where there are tolls and I need to use EZ-Pass and that requires you have a front plate (at least in the Northeast).

Thanks for the info, I just ordered one for my truck

Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 AM
boosted20v
Veteran

glad I could be of assistance.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Moe19
Amateur

Did you mount it off center by choice or did you have to in order to not block the sensor?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Immo
Professional

glad I could be of assistance.
Ordered

Quick Reply: No drill front license plate bracket