3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango Review and its future.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
NutmegState
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Durango Review and its future.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...o/#more-749777

"The Durango is well screwed together, and it feels as good as the Grand Cherokee from behind the wheel. The Durangos which came before are really the issue here. The original sold really well, a bit of parts-bin genius, but it looked tougher than it proved to be. The second-generation Durango is best left out of this conversation, unless you’re trolling CraigsList for a bargain on a loaded-up truck-based SUV that looks Chinese. That leaves this one as the last, and best Durango. Hold on to your wallets, it’s gonna make one hell of a Jeep. "

Old 03-10-2014, 08:00 AM
rdkind62
Professional

After reading about all the issues others have had with their vehicle you may not believe that the 3rd gen. Durango is a good buy or not, but I have a 2012 R/T with a little over 18K and have not had a single issue with it. Both my wife and I love it and it will definitely be a long term vehicle for us.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 AM
salrt
Professional

I have to agree with you. My 2012 R/T has only had one issue that was a sensor and gas-cap issue (~$300 to fix). I have over 46K miles on it and it is perfect. Definitely one of the best SUV's I've owned. Good power, great handling and turns heads all the time. I can't tell you how many times people have stopped dead to look at it and ask what it is. Once I put my new wheels/tires on it, it will be even more attention getting. I know others have had issues, but this has been a great vehicle for me...

Old 03-10-2014, 12:08 PM
NutmegState
Rookie

Originally Posted by salrt
I have to agree with you. My 2012 R/T has only had one issue that was a sensor and gas-cap issue (~$300 to fix). I have over 46K miles on it and it is perfect. Definitely one of the best SUV's I've owned. Good power, great handling and turns heads all the time. I can't tell you how many times people have stopped dead to look at it and ask what it is. Once I put my new wheels/tires on it, it will be even more attention getting. I know others have had issues, but this has been a great vehicle for me...

There are no brands without flaws. There are plenty of forums however where people go to complain/vent about issues. My cousin owns 3 auto body/repair shops. He is actually certified to fix Ferrari's -- he can give you stories about fixing 100K Ferrari's to fixing with 16K Toyota.

When the problem is happening to you, it just seems worse.

Given the average car has 100 issues and the average has recent moved up to 115, every car brand will have some kind of issue -- sometimes it comes down to luck.

I gave my wife the option to pick ANY brand she wanted because after test driving the 14 Durango she said "are we really going to get another Durango" -- I told her fine, you pick -- after trying some 4 or 5 brands she had chosen, she says "I guess we are getting another Durango"

I will be happy once mine new Durango finally arrives. I believe the article was very fair and balanced.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:17 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new Jeep GW will start at mid 40k range i guarantee it.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 PM
IlliniJeeper
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
The new Jeep GW will start at mid 40k range i guarantee it.
The Commander started under $30k, I doubt there'd be such a large jump in price from a base JGC to a base JGW. They're still going to be the only 3 row SUV or Crossover from Chrysler.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

JGW looks to be pretty homely from what I've seen. I definitely will get another DD before they're "gone for good".

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NutmegState
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...o/#more-749777 "The Durango is well screwed together, and it feels as good as the Grand Cherokee from behind the wheel. The Durangos which came before are really the issue here. The original sold really well, a bit of parts-bin genius, but it looked tougher than it proved to be. The second-generation Durango is best left out of this conversation, unless you’re trolling CraigsList for a bargain on a loaded-up truck-based SUV that looks Chinese. That leaves this one as the last, and best Durango. Hold on to your wallets, it’s gonna make one hell of a Jeep. "
The article is more fiction and speculation than fact......

Old 03-10-2014, 06:47 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

WHAT HE SAID^^^ Not much factual based info.
STEVE

Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
weatherlover1

Chevy has the Traverse and Buick has the Enclave. I would not be surprised to see them keep both models at least for a few years and then evaluate if they will discontinue the Durango. I don't know the sales numbers for the Durango but we all know how well the Jeeps third row vehicle did last time.... I bet they produce both for a year or more. They might give the jeep more features from the start like the Enclave which is more luxury. I am very interested to see what the JGW will look like but I will be looking at it from my 14 Durango.

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango Review and its future.