3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Getting my 2014 R/T Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Not that simple as he most likely isn't rich at higher RPMs where he is making 7 lbs of boost but he is rich under low load/rpm where his boost level doesn't warrent the extra fuel. Idle and cruise are the hardest to tune for boost.
Ripp says they do have a new tune that has fixed it on the 5.7 Grand Cherokee. Just that they don't want to email me a tune that is untested on the Durango. Have to schedule to bring this back in for the update.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Saleen190
Professional

Looking forward to hearing the results of the update. Good luck! Keep us informed please

Old 01-20-2015, 12:35 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by Saleen190
Looking forward to hearing the results of the update. Good luck! Keep us informed please
but i definitely feel you about the CEL. its pretty damn annoying. But i'm definitely loving the sound combination from the Ripp/Corsa. A lot more air flow going through the system, even idle sounds awesome

Old 03-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Saleen190
Professional

UFO..... Ever get by Ripp to get that updated tune?

Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

UFO..... Ever get by Ripp to get that updated tune?
i still get a CEL sometimes. There is now a 2nd Durango with the Kit, He gets a Cel sometimes too. He loves the kit as much as i do though

Old 03-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Saleen190
Professional

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
i still get a CEL sometimes. There is now a 2nd Durango with the Kit, He gets a Cel sometimes too. He loves the kit as much as i do though
So when you say you get the CEL "sometimes"....... Is it coming on briefly and clearing itself or are you having to manually clear it yourself? How often does it seem to be coming on and under what circumstances does it seem to be coming on? Like wot or idle or no rhyme or reason? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the info I can on this and your the only one at present to turn too. Lol

Old 03-02-2015, 10:31 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

So when you say you get the CEL "sometimes"....... Is it coming on briefly and clearing itself or are you having to manually clear it yourself? How often does it seem to be coming on and under what circumstances does it seem to be coming on? Like wot or idle or no rhyme or reason? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the info I can on this and your the only one at present to turn too. Lol
its very random in when it comes on, sometimes after 10 miles on the highway it comes on, sometimes it comes on when i get home right before i shut off the car. probably when the computer detects something is out of whack at some point

Old 03-04-2015, 09:58 AM
pchief520

Ok, so if you spend $10k give or take for a supercharger system that turns a regular R/T durango into a BAD *** 6-7 passenger SUV that can run with the SRT Jeep. "I Owend a 07 Red Rock srt8, it was my first NEW car. I F-ing loved it!! From the sound of the 6.1, after market exhaust, it was Mad to the Bone!! Ended up selling it 5 yrs later to buy a house"

Then what's the catch?

You give up the warrenty? What is truly covered under the warrenty that can go wrong? How long is it covered for? I know that Toyota offers a warrenty for their supercharged Tundras that get in house install. Would Dodge ever offer this? Thanks...

Old 03-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Saleen190
Professional

Less than $10k...... The Ripp is only $6200 but it's not a twin screw. Some won't care about that but most people who have experience with blowers trust a twin screw more on a DAily driver. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this I can't see straight, that damn CEL light issue is the big draw back for me right now.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Less than $10k...... The Ripp is only $6200 but it's not a twin screw. Some won't care about that but most people who have experience with blowers trust a twin screw more on a DAily driver. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this I can't see straight, that damn CEL light issue is the big draw back for me right now.
I mean i've driven a few days and it hasn't come back yet, so fingers crossed hah.

You could be the first to get a whipple!

Quick Reply: Getting my 2014 R/T Supercharged