3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

My first hiccup.....should I worry?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first hiccup.....should I worry?

2013 R/T, 9000 miles, late '13, built in July. I'm about to take a 1 week towing vacation. This morning I started it up and after 5 seconds the tach/rpm's dropped and it nearly died, but didn't. Like a stutter as if I had turned off the key for a split second (although all lights/gauges stayed on). Everything fine after that and I drove it 6 miles no issues with a restart.

Anyway with all the TIPM failures, I wondered if this was a pre-cursor to mine failing......hopefully not while on the road. Any help much appreciated.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Fullslp
Captain

My 13' has done it a few times as well as died completely once. Other than my no start fiasco I'm not to worried as long as the starter turns. I'm right there at your mileage as well. Keep us posted

Old 04-18-2014, 06:44 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

My 2012 has done this a couple of times, died once. Could be the early signs of the infamous TIPM failure but until it gets worse, they won't do anything. Still would suggest doing what I did, get it in just before the 36k warranty expires, and complain about it. They won't find or do anything, but it gets it on record and then if the TIPM were to fail in the next few thousand miles you can argue that you took it in under warranty. You've got quite a way to go, unless you put miles on like I do. Mine was out of the 36k warranty in 18 months. I'm now at 40k miles and it has been great the past 25k miles, hasn't done it.

Quick Reply: My first hiccup.....should I worry?