3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango Lives On (Refresh Coming for '17)

Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
There are no factory SRT8 Durangos...There are a few that have done 6.4 swaps though STEVE

This looked like a crew that he had put the SRT8 badge on the tailgate where the R/T badge is. Interesting custom plates.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Crew Member
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trace3rd
4.Rear Glass that opens separate from the gate, I miss this one the most.
I missed this when we first got the Durango, but really what's the point of it with the power liftgate? The power liftgate is far more convenient than the liftglass. If you're worried about stuff falling out when you open the whole liftgate, get a cargo net.

I can't think of any other SUV or minivan that has separate liftglass.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crew Member
I missed this when we first got the Durango, but really what's the point of it with the power liftgate? The power liftgate is far more convenient than the liftglass. If you're worried about stuff falling out when you open the whole liftgate, get a cargo net. I can't think of any other SUV or minivan that has separate liftglass.
The Tahoe, suburban and the Pilot have it

Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Trace3rd
Professional

I missed this when we first got the Durango, but really what's the point of it with the power liftgate? The power liftgate is far more convenient than the liftglass. If you're worried about stuff falling out when you open the whole liftgate, get a cargo net.

I can't think of any other SUV or minivan that has separate liftglass.

Popping that glass to load or unload small items is so fast and easy on my Suburban, even with the power gate I still find myself missing it often on the Durango. But even if you never used it, it would still be a nice feature to have.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Trace3rd
Professional

Dodge Cares,

I forgot one, not a deal breaker but would help bring the Durango up to at least 2010 SUV standards, so here it is.

7. Power folding 3rd row.

I know, I just blew your mind right, LOL.

Tell your design Dept. to talk to the Grand Caravan guys if they need help, and I'm sorry for the extra work load.

Thanks,

Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by Wash Man
So abound 5-8% of the SUV market by sales. Exactly my point.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Crew Member
Professional

Popping that glass to load or unload small items is so fast and easy on my Suburban, even with the power gate I still find myself missing it often on the Durango. But even if you never used it, it would still be a nice feature to have.
I hear ya, I had it on the Durango's predecessor, an '06 Explorer. I just find that the power liftgate pretty much provides the same convenience the lift glass provided. I can remotely open the liftgate long before I arrive with a full load of groceries.

Plus don't you find it's easier to lift moderate to heavy loads over the bumper right onto the cargo floor than to lift it over the bottom half of the liftgate through the window and then down again?

Only thing about the power liftgate for me is how long will it last after several daily open/close cycles. Five years? It'll be pretty pricey I'm sure to repair once it does break.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Crew Member
Professional

Dodge Cares,

I forgot one, not a deal breaker but would help bring the Durango up to at least 2010 SUV standards, so here it is.

Tell your design Dept. to talk to the Grand Caravan guys if they need help, and I'm sorry for the extra work load.

Thanks,
Yep, had that on the Explorer as well. But again, I don't see the big deal. I can pop the latch and pull the seat up far quicker than it took the power mechanism to rotate it up in the Ex.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Well those ugly ****s need something unique, besides I don't want bags and crap getting dragged along my tailgate
may also have something to do with design that if left open CO fumes my come in excessively
Dodge Cares,

Thanks,
Get over it...if that breaks then what, YUPPY FEATURE
So abound 5-8% of the SUV market by sales. Exactly my point.
and it's the Awful ugly 5-8% as well...Honda pilot hahahahaha
I hear ya, I had it on the Durango's predecessor, an '06 Explorer. I just find that the power liftgate pretty much provides the same convenience the lift glass provided. I can remotely open the liftgate long before I arrive with a full load of groceries.
AGREED
Plus don't you find it's easier to lift moderate to heavy loads over the bumper right onto the cargo floor than to lift it over the bottom half of the liftgate through the window and then down again?
Manly Men can lift things up and put them down no matter how high
Only thing about the power liftgate for me is how long will it last after several daily open/close cycles. Five years? It'll be pretty pricey I'm sure to repair once it does break.
I do ask myself this everytime i see it open. I believe they should have went with 2 power struts to lessen work load on lifting the hatch

STEVE

Old 05-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Trace3rd
Professional

FSTDANGO3,
LOL, that's exactly why they should be "options"! If you want them you can have them, if not don't check the box. Crazy idea right?

And besides, lets not forget that these are not fancy "luxury vehicle" or "import brand" features, these are things found on Chevy, Ford, and other Chrysler products, and have been for some time!

Heck, its not like I'm asking for downhill assist, heated and cooled cup holders, 360 deg view cameras, auto parallel park, lane keep assist, etc........ Just some old school basic options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durango Lives On (Refresh Coming for '17)