3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 RT Issues

Old 09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
adbutz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious if anyone else out there that had this problem replaced their stock shocks with an aftermarket brand and if it resolved their problems.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran
Default Replacement Shocks

Wonder if either of these would work?

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/201..._absorber.html

Old 09-06-2014, 09:43 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

They will not work with your self leveling suspension
STEVE

Old 09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
BigSal

Took mine to the shop again, last Tuesday. They had a Chrysler Field Engineer there to look at my vehicle. The heard the popping and assume that it is the exhaust but they don't have a fix for it. The thumping over the bumps, they said they could not reproduce. I told them my navigation was terrible and to check to see if there was an update available. They told me they couldn't find anything wrong with my navigation. He said we drove it around and tried everything, we even put over 60 miles on it, testing it out. 60 MILES???? There is no reason that my car should come back to me from the shop with 60 more miles on it. They took my car out for the weekend is what they meant to say. That is complete BS! I told them they can keep that POS until it does not make any of the noises or give me a new one! Talking to the Chrysler rep more today.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
They will not work with your self leveling suspension
STEVE
Steve, all R/T's with tow package have the self leveling shocks?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Yes I believe so.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:54 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Self Leveling has always been part of the R/T and tow package. a loose spare tire makes about the same sound though. Mine was loose

Old 09-22-2014, 04:24 PM
adbutz
Rookie

I called my local dealer today after waiting two weeks after my last visit for my shock issue. They were supposed to get back to me within a couple of days but of course there was some miscommunication between the dealer and the Dodge engineers. Well upon speaking with them they informed that Dodge is still aware of this problem and another TSB would be coming out in the next couple of weeks to address the shock issue. My dealer would not get into the technical details of what would be replaced but I was assured that the TSB would be out soon and I would be contacted once it was released. According to my dealership all current TSB(ie shocks and mounts) have been done to my vehicle. Anyone heard anything on this alleged new TSB and what it might cover?

Last edited by adbutz; 09-22-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by adbutz
I called my local dealer today after waiting two weeks after my last visit for my shock issue. They were supposed to get back to me within a couple of days but of course there was some miscommunication between the dealer and the Dodge engineers. Well upon speaking with them they informed that Dodge is still aware of this problem and another TSB would be coming out in the next couple of weeks to address the shock issue. My dealer would not get into the technical details of what would be replaced but I was assured that the TSB would be out soon and I would be contacted once it was released. According to my dealership all current TSB(ie shocks and mounts) have been done to my vehicle. Anyone heard anything on this alleged new TSB and what it might cover?
I am sorry that the shock issue is not resolved. What was the last repair on your vehicle and when?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:11 PM
adbutz
Rookie

Drivers shock was replaced in spring around April. Prior to this appointment my rear shocks had been replaced two times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 RT Issues