I would be happy with Real RT performance
lol

or at least the close to 400HP some other hemis get

Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by detailsbyfrank
They would need to figure out how to STOP the smoking first before releasing a 7PLUS hundred horsepower Durango! Just Sayin'

This is funnier than heck to me right now. I just got in my R/T and cranked it up, and then witnessed a huge blue cloud of smoke go by me!!!!!!
I've got over 16,500 miles on it now and this is a first. I was parked on about a 10 degree left to right slope, not front to back but dang it was a big puff of smoke. not sure if I want a stealership messing with it when its run so well for me.......

Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by jeffsmachine
I would be happy with Real RT performance
I don't really get this at all. I guarantee my R/T will smoke any similar weight SUV. It's heavy, it's not going to be a porche....But it feels like one when compared to a Tahoe or Suburban

Old 07-02-2014, 07:13 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Won't happen. The durango would probably be limited to 550hp tops. Don't forget, it's still just an SUV. They need to get another SRT10 Ram out before anything else.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 PM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wash Man
This is funnier than heck to me right now. I just got in my R/T and cranked it up, and then witnessed a huge blue cloud of smoke go by me!!!!!!
I've got over 16,500 miles on it now and this is a first. I was parked on about a 10 degree left to right slope, not front to back but dang it was a big puff of smoke. not sure if I want a stealership messing with it when its run so well for me.......
There is a service bulletin for that! I had it done, involved a new oil pan, and to install that they needed to drop the rack. In the process of doing that, they discovered the rack was leaking, so they replaced that too. All under warranty, and no more smoke.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
jeffsmachine
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wash Man
I don't really get this at all. I guarantee my R/T will smoke any similar weight SUV. It's heavy, it's not going to be a porche....But it feels like one when compared to a Tahoe or Suburban
I'm not comparing it to other SUV's
I'm comparing it to any other Dodge/Chrysler product with the 5.7.
Compare their weights to the Durango, then compare their 0-60 times.
It's not a weight issue.
We get smoked by everything from a Grandma in a 300, to a Grandpa in a Ram.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:42 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

On the waitlist at the local dealer for the challenger. No price yet, but they're saying plan on $60k for it. No problem for me. More horses than a base Corvette and i have a backseat and a usable trunk.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
On the waitlist at the local dealer for the challenger. No price yet, but they're saying plan on $60k for it. No problem for me. More horses than a base Corvette and i have a backseat and a usable trunk.

Going to have to be careful who if anyone you allow to drive it, since it will be in a very small class of cars which could quickly kill someone whose craving for acceleration and sound far exceeds their driving skills. Luckily it has valet mode. Wonder how bad insurance will be?

Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by bbtkd
Going to have to be careful who if anyone you allow to drive it, since it will be in a very small class of cars which could quickly kill someone whose craving for acceleration and sound far exceeds their driving skills. Luckily it has valet mode. Wonder how bad insurance will be?
Two different key fobs. Even so, no one drives it but me.

They also give you a driving school course as part of the purchase. That should be fun.

Not sure on insurance. Plan on only insuring it 6 months out of the year anyway (May-early Oct.) That typically saves a ton.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Wash Man
All Star

but they're saying plan on $60k for it.

Take care of it and it will be worth a lot more than that in 25 years

Quick Reply: Hellcat Durango ppppplease!