3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hellcat Durango ppppplease!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 AM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
Two different key fobs. Even so, no one drives it but me.

They also give you a driving school course as part of the purchase. That should be fun.

Not sure on insurance. Plan on only insuring it 6 months out of the year anyway (May-early Oct.) That typically saves a ton.
If you're paying cash then you can do that with the insurance, but if you have a car loan you can't. It would really suck to have it stolen out of your garage in the off season when uninsured, or have a fire.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:23 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

I'm thinking a guy should wait for a few months and there will be totalled Hellcats showing up in boneyards, and you could transplant the drivetrain. Wouldn't be cheap. Would probably be easiest to transplant into a Ram since more room, or a JGC SRT because it's already set up for more power.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:18 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbtkd
If you're paying cash then you can do that with the insurance, but if you have a car loan you can't. It would really suck to have it stolen out of your garage in the off season when uninsured, or have a fire.
Sorry, should have specified. I'll leave comprehensive on it year round, collision and liability coverage (the two most expensive parts of car insurance) only for the six months I drive it. This is actually common practice. Plus, they'd have a tough time stealing it with no battery, the wheels removed, and car up on blocks. But yeah, for fire or storm or the really dumb criminal, l'm leaving comprehensive on it.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:01 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to do the same with my car insurance. I have since switched to Grundy with an agreed upon write off value. No mileage limit, but does have some constraints, must be driven to shows, club meets, no racing, but overall only $255 per YEAR for $28K write off. I was cautious at first why it was so cheap, but the guy explained to me that the people they carry policies on very rarely have a claim. Not sure about now, but when I got my policy you had to take a ton of pictures, mail them to them, then an appraiser would call you. mcfarl58, you should check it out as it might save you some coin if you can live with the limits.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 AM
tannman
Amateur

Yup need one of these.

Quick Reply: Hellcat Durango ppppplease!