3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Update on oil leak

Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Cherden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Update on oil leak

My new 2014 hemi with 2000 miles.
After 16 new values and 2 new heads, its not smoking so far.
Dealer did oil change, 7qts supposedly and its low now, below the fill line.

Mechanic must not be ASE, he took off water lines and sprayed the whole engine area with anti freeze, what a mess and the smell ! Like pancake syrup.
Didn't connect the engine cover so it rattle all the way home.
Oil all over the new heads, and the tape he used to put it all together.
Looks like it was done in someone's back yard.

Going back to the dealer Monday and make a complaint on the condition of engine area. I could not trade this in right now because of the smell and the tape job.

I guess he was ticked off he had to work on it again. Customer care will get a call from me also. Not happy at all. I just want what I paid $41K for!!!

Attached Thumbnails Update on oil leak-2014-07-11-16.17.32.jpg   Update on oil leak-2014-07-11-16.16.40.jpg  
Old 07-13-2014, 11:37 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the pictures it does not look to bad to me, I have done a lot of engine work and it seems there is always some fluids that will have to "burn/flash" off after a rebuild. The tape does look like OEM tape and could be done a little better. I am not sure why they would have had to mess with the injector/coil pack harness for the repairs you had done. Are you sure thats not the way it came and you have more of a critical eye since all the work was done? Good luck and I hope it all gets taken care of.

Last edited by shelbymopar89; 07-13-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Cherden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Dealer happens to have another v8 Durango there and I will get them to show me what it looks like. If its just like what I have, then no problem, but I doubt it. I will ask about the injector/coil pack harness you mentioned. I have no idea what or where that is located, I will find out. As far as fluids burning off, I've put 100 miles on it and it still smells like maple syrup. I cleaned the heads with degreaser after the pics were taken, so it does look better. There was oil sitting in every little hole.
Thanks for responding!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update on oil leak