3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Auggie360
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pedal

I haven't had the booster recall done yet but has anyone noticed that if you leave your truck sit for a couple days the brake pedal is hard like a rock. My truck has 45000 miles and this just started happing?

Auggie

Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

Got the same since 3 weeks. It just needs some hours and the brake pedal is hard. I also noticed during driving that the pedal sometimes is soft and sometimes will be hard and will be getting soft when standing on it longer.... I think this is a symptom, right? Maybe Dodge cares does know more and also if I have to pay for it for my own because I have imported the car to Switzerland. Will Dodge take care worldwide for the recalls?

Old 07-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefox7518
Got the same since 3 weeks. It just needs some hours and the brake pedal is hard. I also noticed during driving that the pedal sometimes is soft and sometimes will be hard and will be getting soft when standing on it longer.... I think this is a symptom, right? Maybe Dodge cares does know more and also if I have to pay for it for my own because I have imported the car to Switzerland. Will Dodge take care worldwide for the recalls?

If you have adaptive cruise it will pre charge and stiffen the brake pedal if it thinks you might need to brake quickly

Old 07-26-2014, 02:38 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

Yeah I know that. But it's also doing it when idling and standing still in the parking lot. First it's firm and then it releases and will get softer as usual.... I would not complain if it would stay firm all the time :-) I like it tight and firm ;-)

Old 07-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Clifford R/T
Veteran

I just took mine in this week for the recall and got it fixed. The brake pedal is still hard when I let the truck sit over night.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal