3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Goodbye suitcase, hello H-Pipe

Old 02-24-2015, 07:02 AM
unxpctd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the explanation Akfinest. Makes sense now.

Its all personal opinion....no worries. Everyones different and likes different things and sounds.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:38 AM
NJMoparDad
Amateur

Not bashing you brother, trying to understand. Mine is an x-pipe. Both allow flow between sides. I'm not a true Motorhead so I don't know if that would cause issues with drone or not. I do know, having been a long time Ram guy, the Rams have issues with drone more often than we do with the DD. set-up seems to make a big difference with these engines.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:40 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Originally Posted by Akfinest
Sorry, did not explain Post#75 correctly. I used the word "suitcases" instead of "suitcase".

My R/T has a single "suitcase". The performance muffler shop did not do the "H" set up. They installed two short pipes to replace the "suitcase".

Perhaps with the "H" pipe set up, you get a better exhaust sounding system.

BTW, I installed a "H" pipe in my C-5 Vette a few years ago after installing a LAPD Exhaust Mufflers system and experiencing "backfire rumble" when decelerating. The H pipe set up in the VETTE took care of the problem.

It's just my opinion, man... Don't flame me...
Maybe it is all about the cross piece.
How do you like the Hypertech ?, you have the setup I may have, CAI, delete suitcase, and Hypertech.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Akfinest
Rookie

I love the Hypertech and the CAI set up. It was the first mods I did after I purchase the Durango.

BTW, just ordered a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (4 doors), so I need to start "modding it" as soon as it gets here.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 AM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the Hypertech and the CAI set up. It was the first mods I did after I purchase the Durango.

BTW, just ordered a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (4 doors), so I need to start "modding it" as soon as it gets here.
Ahhhh but the new model wranglers are coming out in a year or so....

Old 02-28-2015, 08:51 AM
NJMoparDad
Amateur

We will be trading my wife's 2 door wrangler in for an unlimited this year, can't wait to mod the new one either

Old 03-21-2015, 04:13 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

So is there a Part to buy that's a direct fit ?
I have a shop that will install it, but they want me to buy it.
I saw someone post this earlier in this thread., from Amazon, but it says not a Fit for the 2013 Durango.

Dynomax 54797

Old 01-17-2016, 09:56 PM
cognitanus

Hello
i know, the thread is nearly 1 year old, but i have a question. Is the H-Pipe really necessary or will it work with two single pipes without connection between them?
What is the difference to a x pipe? All aftermarket exhaust are made with a xpipe instead of the suitcase.
The question is because here in Germany it is not allowed to change the exhaust and the selfmade h-pipe can be detected easily by the police or the so called TÜV, where all cars has to be shown every two years.

thanks a lot and greetings from Germany

Michael

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodbye suitcase, hello H-Pipe