3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Road rage damage.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:13 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage damage.

Well, the wife was involved in a road rage incident in the school parking lot yesterday. Apparently the jackass thought she was driving too slow and sped around her and through the crosswalk. Crossing guards had to stop kids from being hit. Wife honked as he swerved around her. He jumped out and smashed the hood in with his fists and took off.

Short version, they caught him and book and released him. Misdemeanor assault and criminal damage.

Now in left with a damaged hood and nothing to go on. Local PD is frustrated with me cause I did their job faster than they could when I went to the school and reviewed tape and got a good vehicle description and used a local community Facebook page to get residents involved and help ID the bastard.

Any who, just venting and wondering what to do. I'm in federal law enforcement and have a hard time sitting on my *** with this.

Especially looking at my banged up Stormtrooper.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:02 PM
FrankADavisJr
Professional

First of all, thank you for serving as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer. I can't believe that someone would be that absolutely ridiculous to you and your property, let alone endanger the lives of children in a crosswalk.

I'd go to this jackass' trial and make sure the judge knows he almost mowed down kids in a crosswalk while illegally passing your wife. I had a vandelism issue years ago (drunk kids kicked my 2001 Durango after leaving a bar) and the judge told them at the trial that if they didn't have the CASH in their pocket to pay for my estimated damages, they would be hauled off to County Jail until they could come up with it.

Sorry to hear. What the hell is this world coming to.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:16 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Thank you.

Yeah, it's a crazy world out there sometimes. My wife really feared for her safety and that of our kids in the backseat. She felt that if the door was unlocked he would have drug her out.

I really just want to get this guy to the station and have a supervised meeting between he and I. I want him to apologize to my wife and kids and pay for the damages to the vehicle. The I'll look him square in they eyes and shake his hand and be done with it. As long as he is sincere. I'd drop charges and be happy.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Half of america seems to be under the influence of something behind the wheel. Scary. But I keep a canister of " will call it SPRAY" in the console so the wife doesn't have to fear these creeps. She will never get carjacked with my kid in the backseat. Bear mace/ pepper spray and green foaming dye at 10 feet. Take that sucka!!

Old 08-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25
I want him to apologize to my wife and kids and pay for the damages to the vehicle. . . . As long as he is sincere. I'd drop charges and be happy.

Glad to hear you nailed the bugger but don't count on a sincere apology. I'm sure he'd mumble something that resembles an apology but I'd seriously doubt his sincerity.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
Glad to hear you nailed the bugger but don't count on a sincere apology. I'm sure he'd mumble something that resembles an apology but I'd seriously doubt his sincerity.
I agree, if she didn't have 2 tons of steel around her that type of behavior very likely would have ended with injury to your family. A normal, but not condoned behavior would be to flip the bird but this guy not only got out of his car and took a chance that there weren't 5 guys in the back of that Durango but reacted with violence against whatever or whoever was in his way.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Just be glad no one was hurt. Sounds like he needs some anger management classes.

Those fiberglass hoods look pretty nice.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the wife and kids are okay, that's what's important. Now it's time for a fiberglass hood with a scoop on it

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM
FrankADavisJr
Professional

Awesome idea! Lemonade from Lemons (mixed with nuts)

Old 08-19-2014, 11:13 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Yes, I was debating the hood scoop.

Quick Reply: Road rage damage.