3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TIPM Recall Coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 02:56 PM
sbindley
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They still have my D - they said they are fast-tracking the part. Supposed to hear about rental car today.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if this issue will cause mile hesitation under load between 1500 and 2000 RPM? I'm noticing that recently. I also notice that there is hesitation some times on the first start up. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:14 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Delayed startup yes, motor will crank more before starting but not heard about hesitations, that sounds more like the common fishbite. Try a tank of 91-93.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Originally Posted by MIKEon22s
Delayed startup yes, motor will crank more before starting but not heard about hesitations, that sounds more like the common fishbite. Try a tank of 91-93.
Interesting. I only run 92 through it. Not to say I didn't get a bad tank or something. Was there a TSB for the "fishbite"? I remember when I first got it that people were talking about it but I never felt it back then. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:50 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hemibuck,

I believe the below TSB is what you may be referring to. If you think this could be related to what you're experiencing, I certainly recommend bringing your vehicle to an FCA dealership to have them take a look at it.

TSB 18-035-14

SUBJECT:
Flash: Surge, Shudder or Pulsation at Highway Speeds

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) with new software.

NOTE: This is an optional software update that should only be used in situations
where the customer is specifically complaining of the condition described
below.

MODELS:
2012 - 2013 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2012 - 2013 (WD) Durango

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 5.7L engine (sales code EZH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A small number of customers may experience a surge, shudder or pulsation type sensation when driving on smooth road surfaces at highway speeds of 40-80 mph (64-129 km/h). Some customers may also describe the sensation similar to that of a fish biting on a fishing line.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:10 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sadly I do

That's exactly what I have happening at freeway speeds. I had run several different brands of fuel additives/cleaners, thinking that would help clean or clear it up. Wishful thinking on my part.

I will reference this information when telling the service department.

Hopefully/Maybe it will get fixed this time around.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeeup my 12 R/T has been giving my wife issues lately with a stall on start up. Called my local dealer in Orange County NY and R09 TSB parts have not come in yet..I got this freak n thing back in April I believe..WTF

Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Maybe this is one of the pending items for NHTSA has against Fiat/ Chrysler they will be working on getting fixed just after announcing the great news for older Durango and Ram owners today.

I received my notice in March of this year and still have not heard anything. Talk about fixing thing's in a timely manner....NOT!

http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...alls/30730931/

Old 07-28-2015, 10:03 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tipm

Sadly, I am still waiting on parts too. I can not understand how there are no relay parts available for this electrical circuit problem. The fix FCA came up with, is a cheap work around. The Takata air bag, FCA is sort of stuck in the middle, but it's still their responsibility.

The recalls that are now applying to my DD, can be considered a real serious hazard to ones life. Airbag blowing up and spraying you with shards of metal, can kill you. Fuel shutting off when you are driving, can get you killed too. I luv the DD, but it's not worth my life to drive it.

SF

Old 07-28-2015, 10:28 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by usmc1811
Sadly, I am still waiting on parts too. I can not understand how there are no relay parts available for this electrical circuit problem. The fix FCA came up with, is a cheap work around. The Takata air bag, FCA is sort of stuck in the middle, but it's still their responsibility.

The recalls that are now applying to my DD, can be considered a real serious hazard to ones life. Airbag blowing up and spraying you with shards of metal, can kill you. Fuel shutting off when you are driving, can get you killed too. I luv the DD, but it's not worth my life to drive it.

SF
Parts indeed ARE available, but the dealerships are not fighting to obtain them so that they can do more warranty work which takes away from their cash business.

This is exactly why I bought my own relay:
Amazon.com: Mopar 6814 2156AA, HVAC Blower Motor Relay: Automotive Amazon.com: Mopar 6814 2156AA, HVAC Blower Motor Relay: Automotive

And performed the recall work myself - Who wants to drive in a $40k time bomb.

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming