3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Question on UConnect 8.4 AN

Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
c_l_phillips72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on UConnect 8.4 AN

Hello everyone.

I just bought a new 2014 Citadel and have some questions on the radio.

1) I used to have a 2011 Citadel and one of the things that I was able to do was to upload pictures that could be displayed on the screen. I don't see that option on the 2014.

Is it there and I'm just missing it?

2) I'm a little confused on how to use the apps (Slacker, Pandora, Yelp, etc). I have a user id from my 2011 Citadel, so I downloaded the UConnect app from the Apple app store and installed it on my iPhone 5s. It seems like the Slacker/Pandora/Yelp apps won't work unless I open the UConnect app on my iPhone.

Is this the way it works for others?

3) Has anyone used the Yelp app? For some reason, I have to open the Yelp app before I can use the voice commands "Search Yelp xxxxx". Seems like I shouldn't have to open the app first, but just say "Search Yelp xxxx" and it would automatically open Yelp and do the search.

How does it work for others?

***EDIT***

Just found that when you press the VR button, you're supposed to say "Launch Yelp", then once Yelp opens you can say "Yelp Search xxxx".

By the way, in case you're interested, here's what I paid for my Citadel.

Base Citadel AWD - $43,375

• Blu-ray/DVD - $1,995
  • Trailer Tow Group - $995
  • Second Row Captain Chairs - $995
  • Destination Charge - $995
MSRP - $48,375
  • Discount from dealer - $3,500
  • Direct Mail Coupon - $1,000
Price Paid - $43,875 (9.3% discount from MSRP).

Please don't tell me if I was screwed. I also got 0% for 72 months, so I couldn't take the $1,750 rebate. If I would have taken the rebate instead of the 0% (which would have cost me more money in the end), the discount from MSRP would have been very close to 13%. I also understand that I bought this when 2015's were already on the lot, so the dealer had holdback to use, which in this case would have been $1,451 (3% of MSRP).

By the way, regarding the direct mail coupon, that is something that I actually never received. 2 dealers told me that we had a $1,000 direct mail coupon when we were checking prices, and what was even more weird was that the coupon was in my wife's name and not mine.

Last edited by c_l_phillips72; 10-21-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question on UConnect 8.4 AN