3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Crew AWD Climat control issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Crew AWD Climat control issues

Hey guys, I'm having a crazy issue with my heat/blower in my 2012 Crew.
As for the front dual zone, I can put bot driver and passenger sides to say 80 degrees, the driver side is hot, but passenger side is cool. Now all of a sudden, while driving, I get a thud sound from the passenger footwell, and the blower will turn on and off by itself. Is something stuck that I can fix myself, or a dealer fix. I get the thud noise even if I turn the climate control off in the entire truck. It seems to do it most during stop and go driving, and not so much on the highway. My DD has 76K on it and is out of warranty, if it's something crazy, I'm going back to a Ram

Old 10-22-2014, 11:42 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTTS12CREW
Hey guys, I'm having a crazy issue with my heat/blower in my 2012 Crew.
As for the front dual zone, I can put bot driver and passenger sides to say 80 degrees, the driver side is hot, but passenger side is cool. Now all of a sudden, while driving, I get a thud sound from the passenger footwell, and the blower will turn on and off by itself. Is something stuck that I can fix myself, or a dealer fix. I get the thud noise even if I turn the climate control off in the entire truck. It seems to do it most during stop and go driving, and not so much on the highway. My DD has 76K on it and is out of warranty, if it's something crazy, I'm going back to a Ram
NUTTS12CREW,

I'm sorry to learn of your recent heating issue. Is this something that has presented itself all of a sudden? Is the hot/cold concern intermittent? Or does it occur frequently enough to be duplicated easily?

Old 10-22-2014, 01:53 PM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very frequent, and has been going on for a couple of weeks as far as the blower completely shutting off up front while the rear still works. It's crazy. The hot/cold started about a month ago.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTTS12CREW
It is very frequent, and has been going on for a couple of weeks as far as the blower completely shutting off up front while the rear still works. It's crazy. The hot/cold started about a month ago.
NUTTS12CREW,

I would recommend contacting your servicing dealer and speaking with the Service Manager. If you are able to demonstrate the symptom for the dealer, it will benefit the diagnosis process. Your dealer will be able to efficiently locate the root cause of your concern.

Quick Reply: 2012 Crew AWD Climat control issues