3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Park Assist issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:17 AM
SilvaSurfer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Assist issue

Hey guys,

Just yesterday I noticed when backing out of the drive way the Park Assist alert went off with nothing behind me, whats worse is it stayed on! I drove about a block and it was just a loud continuous beep. I had to pull over turn off the park assist, shut off the D and leave it off for 10 minutes. Apparently 10 minutes is the magic reset time frame for the D's system. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I will be taking it in to the dealer but wanted to know if anyone else experienced this before?

Old 11-23-2014, 11:10 AM
GDM
Professional

Perhaps sensors are covered in crud, snow, mud. I have had that happen when snow/ice coverered sensors.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:38 PM
SilvaSurfer

I thought so also, But I make sure the sensors are clean and it has happened when the sensors are clean. It's just odd.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have noticed on a few occasions sitting in the car once its been turned off it makes an interesting array of sounds such a valves closing, mechanics flaps, small electric gears and such, coming from inside the dash and glove box area. These cars electrical systems are strange and complex it seems.
i used to have the my-gig lock pick, and one day the cars radio or the parking sensors would just not turn on.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:40 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilvaSurfer
Hey guys,

Just yesterday I noticed when backing out of the drive way the Park Assist alert went off with nothing behind me, whats worse is it stayed on! I drove about a block and it was just a loud continuous beep. I had to pull over turn off the park assist, shut off the D and leave it off for 10 minutes. Apparently 10 minutes is the magic reset time frame for the D's system. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I will be taking it in to the dealer but wanted to know if anyone else experienced this before?
SilvaSurfer,

I'm sorry to learn of your park assist difficulty. Have any codes been set?

The symptoms experienced may be related to a loose wiring or damaged connector. Be sure to include all details and tendencies that you notice when the issue occurs. If it can be duplicated while at the dealer, it will benefit the diagnosis process.

Quick Reply: Park Assist issue