3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

GC Skid Plate Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:57 PM
wradar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GC Skid Plate Compatibility

Hello, all!

I have a '14 Durango, and know that the engine skid plate has the same part number as that on the Grand Cherokees (82211995). The GCs also have a transfer case skid plate (82211994) and a fuel tank skid plate (82211999).

Are the transfer case & fuel tank skid plates compatible with the Durango?

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2014, 01:30 PM
wradar

Bump. Anyone?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:00 AM
WereTiger

I'm kinda hoping that someone finds out, I'd love to get the skid plates but I don't want to be the first one

Old 12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Can you go to a dealership and find a Citadel on the lot with the protection group on it? perhaps you could slide under there and find the part number to confirm.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, but instead of posting a new one I figured I'd add the info I have to this one. One thing I have always disliked are potentially exposed underside parts on a vehicle. Especially oil and transmission pans, I have known people to get debris on the road kicked up and damaged or, in one case, punctured and oil or transmission pan. Looking at the D, while the oil pan sits in the front axle area and the transmission pan behind that, they are still a bit exposed. So one of the upgrades the D got a couple years back was the front axle/oil pan skid plate. This is the same as the Grand Cherokee (part number 82211995) and here it is installed:

I've liked the piece of mind having it, and pretty sure it was useful one day following a storm when I ended up having to straddle over a tree lim. The part I haven't liked is that the transmission oil pan has no protection as you can see in the picture. While it does sit up a bit, I still don't like that it could be exposed to bouncing debris. I've checked the skid plate group, and there is no skid plate available for it from MOPAR and the parts list has no stock cover for any of the Durangos. I looked at the underside of a co-workers Jeep Grand Cherokee that has a skid plate option added, and noticed that there was a cover on it for the transmission pan. After digging, I found that t's not part of the skid plate group and that the Jeep Grand Cherokee has this cover as part of the normal OEM parts and it looked like the mounting/dimensions are the same so I should be able to just bolt it on to the Durango. I ordered one (part # 05182517AB) with the hardware needed and sure enough it fit! It's a plastic type like the very front underbody protection, but it should work for my intension of protecting the transmission pan from potential road debris.
Heres the transmission pan, seems pretty exposed for what looks like an aluminum pan:

The metal front axle/oil pan skid plate covers this transmission belly pan cover, so it needed to come down:

Here's the front axle/oil pan skid plate with the rear of it dropped to install the belly pan cover:
[/url]
With it lowered you can see how the oil pan sits in the front axle area a bit exposed:

Time to install the transmission belly pan cover, here it is:

Here it is installed, looking at it from the side:

And with the front axle/oil pan skid plate and transmission belly pan cover from the side:

Below are the two covers looking at them from just inside the front tire. You can see that they will do exactly what is needed from them, protecting the pans from any road debris:

I don't have the intension of heavy off roading or such, so I don't need to add further, but the Jeep Grand Cherokee transfer case skid plates and fuel tank skid plates do fit as well. The part numbers are:
82211994AB Skid Plate Transfer Case Skid and Secondary Skid
82211999 Skid Plate Gas Tank Skids

Hope this helps anyone interested!

Quick Reply: GC Skid Plate Compatibility