3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

saw this Question on a other durango form...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:01 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do your research

I think the biggest mistake people make is they find THEIR perfect car at a dealer and they let the dealer know its THEIR perfect car and this allows the dealer to cut back on negotiations as they know how bad you want it.

I searched for my RT withing 300 miles of my Zip and found one that had everything I wanted. It was on a dealer site, but I found out it was still in the Dock at jacksonville port. They told me would be 3-4 days, happened to be talking to sales manager. So told him give me a call when you you know for sure when you will have it, but I may have bought one by then.
I have tested driven enough 14 R/T's, I had researched what my 12 was worth but didnt tell him I was trading until last minute, but all in all, few emails over a few days, deal was done. I just told them too had my own financing and they also beat that by .5%

There is enough inforamtion online and great forums like this where you shouldnt get as screwed as the person walking in off the street. but like someone else said, THEY WILL ALWAYS make money, its up to you on how much!!

Good Luck, beat em down good. i love messing with Sales Guys, especially when you get that awful question "Will you sign this to let me know you are serious about purchasing a vehicle with us today" or whatever the bs is usually.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM
pchief520

I agree with you 100% about not showing your feelings!! I might go into the dealer and take a test drive with the wife!!

Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Jhochst

We walked away from table and left the first day. Price was good, I knew they could do better since it was the initial price. Our salesperson talked to me a few days later and I kind of blew him off and spoke of another DD. After about 7 days he called again and I named my price. Cant be excited at all.

Quick Reply: saw this Question on a other durango form...