Diablo Tuner - anyone done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:59 PM
LCF
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Tuner - anyone done?

Hello friends,
Please tell us if anyone has done diablo tuning?
And advice if it is safe for the car?
What disturbs me is next - will the tuner make my car work on higher loads and the engine parts to wear out faster?

They sell a diablo tuner Trinity t1000 for 600 dollars in here and i want to make sure it is safe for my Beast before buying

Another interesting moment is that the DiabloSport web site shows the other tuner as the one for Dodge 2011+ (I-1000-DCX inTune)

Old 03-30-2015, 09:10 AM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the I-1000DCX. The only thing you really get out of the Trinity is more data logging. If you're looking for that, go with the Trinity. Otherwise, I'd use the DCX.

As far as engine concerns, the "canned" tunes that come with it, are safe enough that you don't have to worry about wearing out any engine internals. You should actually get a cleaner burn out of your spark plugs with a tune installed. I've been using the DCX on my DD for 2+ years now. No issues. I also had a diablosport tuner on my Magnum for 5+ years with no issues.

If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, buy it through Hemifever. A lot of guys have his tune and everyone seems to like the results.

Couple things I've noticed when installing the tune is to make sure to pop the push button start out and use the key in the ignition. The tuner tells you to cycle the key and this will make it easier and eliminate a fail point. Just read the prompts and take your time. Don't rush it.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:17 AM
LCF
Professional

Thanks for the answer!

Old 03-31-2015, 12:20 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Originally Posted by mac424
I have the I-1000DCX. The only thing you really get out of the Trinity is more data logging. If you're looking for that, go with the Trinity. Otherwise, I'd use the DCX.

As far as engine concerns, the "canned" tunes that come with it, are safe enough that you don't have to worry about wearing out any engine internals. You should actually get a cleaner burn out of your spark plugs with a tune installed. I've been using the DCX on my DD for 2+ years now. No issues. I also had a diablosport tuner on my Magnum for 5+ years with no issues.

If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, buy it through Hemifever. A lot of guys have his tune and everyone seems to like the results.

Couple things I've noticed when installing the tune is to make sure to pop the push button start out and use the key in the ignition. The tuner tells you to cycle the key and this will make it easier and eliminate a fail point. Just read the prompts and take your time. Don't rush it.
Me too !, and it kicks ***.
It basically eliminates the limiters in the first couple gears that Dodge has as part of the setup of the Durango Hemi, it can alter shift points, and other things, I haven't gone to that level, just the basic 87 tune.
That's why we all say we have to mash the throttle to get it moving.

Feels great on the throttle response now....if you want added Hp, you gotta use the 93 tune, I may try some tanks in the summer, just not sure I wanna dump more fuel costs into this truck, unless 93 will yield higher MPGs....hence getting some of the higher costs back.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 PM
LCF
Professional

I'm going to get the tuner tonight or may be tomorrow.
As soon as i get it i'll make some tests with oem settings and then with the tuned ones and post them here so everybody can see what is the profit of the tuner for such cars.
I guess it might be useful for those like me who are not sure of is it worth it or not.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:15 AM
johnjap2002
Default 22

Just want to ask on your 22" wheels is it really normal that's is shaking or vibrating when your running or you any modification thanks

Old 04-01-2015, 03:29 AM
LCF
Professional

Originally Posted by johnjap2002
Just want to ask on your 22" wheels is it really normal that's is shaking or vibrating when your running or you any modification thanks
It's absolutely ok if you do not put korean tires on them) Just pick some nice SUV tires (ones that were intended for heavy cars) and it's absolutely ok. No shaking or vibrating if they are correctly balanced.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

I'm not certain what "tests" the OP wants to perform to show the value of his tuner, but there are a lot of threads on the Diablo tuners already. Most of us know what to expect from them, and it is not head-snapping acceleration nor 30 mpg economy.

I have had my inTune for two years, and I am glad I installed it. I use the Diablo Tune (93 octane) and I increased both the Throttle Boost and Shift Points. The truck is now much more fun to drive around town because it is much more responsive. Am I smoking Mustang GTs? Heck no, don't care to. I do see about 2 mpg higher mileage on the freeway compared to before the tune was installed.

Beware of "tests" comparing before and after acceleration and mileage, most will not be very accurate. The differences will in most cases be small and hard to reproduce. My advice to the OP - get the inTune, install it, change the boost and shift point settings and enjoy a truck which is more fun to drive. Don't expect track-conquering performance.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 AM
LCF
Professional

Originally Posted by GotRPM
I'm not certain what "tests" the OP wants to perform to show the value of his tuner, but there are a lot of threads on the Diablo tuners already. Most of us know what to expect from them, and it is not head-snapping acceleration nor 30 mpg economy.

I have had my inTune for two years, and I am glad I installed it. I use the Diablo Tune (93 octane) and I increased both the Throttle Boost and Shift Points. The truck is now much more fun to drive around town because it is much more responsive. Am I smoking Mustang GTs? Heck no, don't care to. I do see about 2 mpg higher mileage on the freeway compared to before the tune was installed.

Beware of "tests" comparing before and after acceleration and mileage, most will not be very accurate. The differences will in most cases be small and hard to reproduce. My advice to the OP - get the inTune, install it, change the boost and shift point settings and enjoy a truck which is more fun to drive. Don't expect track-conquering performance.

Thanks! Yes to bo honest i do not expect such an effect either.
The real reason for me is that right now with my wheels (which are 4cm bigger than factory ones) i feel that my speed shifter is overloaded and does not shift at the right time. And actually i want to install the tuner so i can change the wheel size settings and release the shifter and the engine of the overload i have brought them to.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 AM
johnjap2002
Default 22

Originally Posted by LCF
It's absolutely ok if you do not put korean tires on them) Just pick some nice SUV tires (ones that were intended for heavy cars) and it's absolutely ok. No shaking or vibrating if they are correctly balanced.
I went to the dealership and tore center they did balancing and alignment already but everytime I reach 55 to 65mph starting to shake they said it's normal because I have big tires.

Quick Reply: Diablo Tuner - anyone done?