ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Steering Wheel on 2014 R/T

Name:  IMG_20150409_113232_zpsq4bzupt0.jpg
Views: 3645
Size:  135.1 KB
finally got it done.
Heater wiring is different. If someone has the wiring diagram for the 2014 SRT and the 2014 Durango, Please share them with me!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM
redalty
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks killer! Seats next up?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Doctorsti

Any update on whether you can get all the wiring to play nice.
Like paddle shifters, radio, but most obvious since you mentioned it, heat?

I like the look and feel of a nice contoured steering wheel and since my RT will eventually have SRT brakes, supercharged, and potentially suspension in the future I don't mind having an unofficial SRT version. Like a mini hellcat supercharged 5.7L.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:58 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by Doctorsti
Any update on whether you can get all the wiring to play nice.
Like paddle shifters, radio, but most obvious since you mentioned it, heat?

I like the look and feel of a nice contoured steering wheel and since my RT will eventually have SRT brakes, supercharged, and potentially suspension in the future I don't mind having an unofficial SRT version. Like a mini hellcat supercharged 5.7L.
everything but the heat so far. as soon as i get some spare steering wheel screws in, i will test a 2nd steering wheel i have (2015 charger srt) wheel. To see if i have a defective wheel or something else. The SRT harnesses are plug and play.

and yes it definitely one of the finishing touches. I have SRT brakes, OEM SRT wheels, supercharger. No suspension work yet, but i do have a set of blackops endlinks i need to install.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Doctorsti

That is my plan too black chrome spider monkey SRT OEM rims. I don't mind the look of the black chrome "fat fives" available on the vapor editions. Much easier to clean too.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
BadBenz94
Veteran

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
everything but the heat so far. as soon as i get some spare steering wheel screws in, i will test a 2nd steering wheel i have (2015 charger srt) wheel. To see if i have a defective wheel or something else. The SRT harnesses are plug and play.

and yes it definitely one of the finishing touches. I have SRT brakes, OEM SRT wheels, supercharger. No suspension work yet, but i do have a set of blackops endlinks i need to install.
That looks great!! Did you do the carbon fiber look on the stereo surround and wheel? BTW where did you get the wheel and airbag? I think that is a worth addition and looks better and seems it would be nicer to hold on to as well!

Chris

Old 04-27-2015, 04:35 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by BadBenz94
That looks great!! Did you do the carbon fiber look on the stereo surround and wheel? BTW where did you get the wheel and airbag? I think that is a worth addition and looks better and seems it would be nicer to hold on to as well!

Chris
i did the vinyl wrap, but its failing, so thats coming off for something else soon
i got it off ebay, i saw a few others end pretty cheaply, i bought the first one that i ever saw on ebay for a lot more money. still saved a good amount over buying new.
it is a much nicer wheel to hold onto, but thats my personal preference. Some people prefer skinny wheels

Old 04-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Turborusty
Amateur

Originally Posted by Doctorsti
That is my plan too black chrome spider monkey SRT OEM rims. I don't mind the look of the black chrome "fat fives" available on the vapor editions. Much easier to clean too.

I have never heard of them referred to as "fat fives". I know them as the Goliath wheel....apparently that's what Chrysler calls them.

These are the wheel I want for my '13 Citadel in 9" Chrome.

Turborusty

Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Doctorsti

Got my 2015 wheel in! Looks Awesome and has a lot more contour to the wheel and a much thicker feeling. Still Don't have the D so looking forward to installing this as soon as it comes in.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:24 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

now confirming that heated steering wheel will work. Just that my seller sold me a defective wheel. Took me 1.5 months to figure it out. Now going to fight him for my money back. Ebay seller. I swapped in a 2015 charger R/T wheel today, and it worked perfect. All functions and heat. All pins etc are a match for the durango and Jeep SRT.

Quick Reply: SRT Steering Wheel on 2014 R/T