3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New to Forum; not New to Durangos

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Frog@BC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum; not New to Durangos

I have on order a 2015 Citadel in Granite Crystal Metallic. Options include the 5.7 Hemi powering AWD system (I live in the woods and it snows up here in the northeast Georgia mountains). Got second-row captain's chairs with special console. No DVD entertainment system (I have that on my 2005 Durango Limited--used it four times); no towing package (got that on the '05 Durango, on my wife's '02 Durango, and on my '87 Dodge RAM). My wife's '89 Dodge Dynasty has no towing package, either. Oh, by the way, I still own the first car (not a Dodge) I bought back in 1964, when I was 20 years old; God willing, I'll hit 72 next month. It's been undergoing a long restoration project--the car, not me.

I searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer regarding the 8.4AN navigation system that will come with my Citadel. On the nav system in my '05 I can display elevation data. In all the documentation I've read on the 8.4AN, I could find no reference to elevation data. Please help.

Thank you.

Frog

Old 04-17-2015, 05:58 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

I have the 8.4" in the jeep and elevation is there but not on main screen, you have to go to the GPS settings where you see the satellite signals.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Frog@BC

Thank you for the information. I'll redirect my search criteria for GPS/satellite.

Frog

Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Its there I can take a photo tomorrow.

Some reading:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/manuals/2014..._guide_4th.pdf

Old 04-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frog@BC
I still own the first car (not a Dodge) I bought back in 1964, when I was 20 years old; God willing, I'll hit 72 next month. It's been undergoing a long restoration project--the car, not me.

That seems to be a rite of passage for those of us at a certain age. My resto project (1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL) took 10 years and cost me about $24K. Doing normal maintenance got to be difficult so I sold it a couple of years ago for $10.5K. Even though I lost money it was still cheaper than renting a plane once a week for a couple of hours to keep current, which was my other expensive hobby. Depending on the car and the level of resto being done, very few of us recoup the entire amount of cash we've sunk into our second "young adulthood."

Old 04-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Frog@BC

You're right; it is expensive to restore. I spent more than $10k just redoing the body and paint. I don't intend to sell it, though. If you're interested, here's the link to my website outlining the project: http://my64corvairsite.com/

I would like to see the photo of the GPS and elevation data from your uConnect 8.4.

I took flying lessons back when it was $12/hour. Managed to solo and should've kept it up. I got married, got a mortgage, got kids, etc. Should've kept it up.

Thank you.

Frog

Quick Reply: New to Forum; not New to Durangos