3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

430N Media Center Software Update

Old 05-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Dodge79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 430N Media Center Software Update

I originally, and mistakenly, posted this in the 1st Gen Durango forum.

I have a 2011 Durango Crew with the 430N RHB Media Center system with NAV. I was wondering if there are any software updates for this system (Uconnect, Garmin, Sirius, etc.). I just checked the Uconnect web site and entered my VIN. The search returned saying there are no updates available for my 2011 vehicle equipped with Uconnect 430N. It has never been updated. So I find that hard to believe. I work in software so I know that no software is bug free. Updates go out fairly regularly that fix various software bugs. Does anyone know if there are any software updates for this unit?

OK after some searching I discovered that I can download Uconnect software from MyGig-Disk for free and it is legal. The latest version is 50.00.07 which should provide some improvement since my current version is 20.02.01. I also learned that I can purchase updated mapping software from Garmin but it is somewhat expensive ($149). There are web sites out there that provide detailed instructions on where to download Garmin City Navigator North America mapping software and how to generate unlock codes for installation but this seems illegal to me.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:53 PM
coldsteel
Captain

The update disk is no problem and works fine, but it is a long process since the radio processor isn't exactly blazing.

The manual updating of maps is illegal, but it is ridiculous to charge $149 per update, when you can by a used Garmin LMT that has lifetime map updates (4x year) and traffic for $100.

The nav in my 2011 has never had the maps updated and neither has my 2008 Charger.

We have 2 Garmins if we go anywhere new to us, otherwise the old maps are good enough to get to the general area (city to city on long road trips)

Old 05-29-2015, 09:02 PM
2011CrewLuxSC
Rookie

if you have a RHB and your software is on 20.xx.xx then I suggest this thread.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-firmware.html

the 50.00.07 update will turn your screen black instead of blue. to me that was a downside at first because I liked the blue look.

but the upside is the 50.00.07 fixed my Presets being randomly dropped AND fixed the lousy EQ of the stock Alpine sound system.

you can read through the thread to get more info but for my RHB (2011 Crew) the 50.00.07 software update totally fixed my EQ and saved me from tearing the whole system apart and replacing speakers and who knows what else...

Old 05-29-2015, 11:05 PM
roogie
Rookie

I agree with 2011CrewLuxSC, I did the updates as he did and it was a big improvement.

roog

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 430N Media Center Software Update