3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Help! Air soft Pellets under the seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:59 AM
User2119
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Air soft Pellets under the seats

Took my 12 year old and his friends out to shoot air soft guns. Long story short, they dumped pellets (like bb's but plastic) all over the truck. Some rolled into the battery compartment and some rolled under the driver seat compartment.

Does anyone have any guidance on removing the passenger side well to get to the bottom. Lots of pellets rolling around under the plastic connection holder and no way to get to a shop vac in there.

Sounds like I'm driving a jar full of marbles every time I brake or accelerate.

Happy Father's Day!

2012 Durango Citadel... that I may have to trade in now.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:28 AM
hairless_ape
Rookie

Tape a small funnel onto the end of the shop vac hose, and then slip a nylon tube over the end of the funnel. I'd drive it up on ramps before trying to vacuum it out so that they all roll to the back of the compartment.

If you don't have a small funnel just duct tape the tube to the shop vac hose. And if you don't have any nylon tubing, it means you don't have a fumoto valve installed in place of your oil pan drain plug, and you need to buy both.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:54 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by User2119
Took my 12 year old and his friends out to shoot air soft guns. Long story short, they dumped pellets (like bb's but plastic) all over the truck. Some rolled into the battery compartment and some rolled under the driver seat compartment.

Does anyone have any guidance on removing the passenger side well to get to the bottom. Lots of pellets rolling around under the plastic connection holder and no way to get to a shop vac in there.

Sounds like I'm driving a jar full of marbles every time I brake or accelerate.

Happy Father's Day!

2012 Durango Citadel... that I may have to trade in now.
Got a leaf blower?

Quick Reply: Help! Air soft Pellets under the seats