3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TIPM R09 repaired..but

Old 08-18-2015, 04:53 PM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TIPM R09 repaired..but

2k12 RT went in to service dept on the advice of DodgeCares due to many frequent engine stalls on start up. I wanted to have truck looked over even if R09 parts were not yet available. Amazingly enough I get a voicemail from the parts dept notifying me that recall parts had come in and to make an appointment for repair. Mind you the truck was already sitting there at 7am. In any event the fuel pump relay was now repaired with an external relay. The problem now was when they took truck off the lift from doing an alignment, the truck stalled on start up a couple of times. I was told it gave another code reading. Sorry I don't have paperwork handy for exact code, but maybe I can explain. I was told it had to do with the key being reprogrammed because the computer was not recognizing it by vin, therefore the security feature was kicking in to shut the engine down as if it were being stolen. Service advisor told me to monitor start ups and if it continues it could be an ignition/starter issue. The next day my wife said the truck stalled 5xs in a row on start up using her key, not the spare that was reprogrammed. While on vac this wk we used the spare and truck did not have a single stall. Guess in so many words if you get R09 bulletin repaired, it may not be the cure all. I got my fingers crossed. Now I gotta get a new fuel cap..another post.FYI dealer who repaired mine was in Suresky Dodge Goshen NY so the replacement parts should be out there.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for sharing, PortAuthorityCop. Is your vehicle back at the dealership now?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:40 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie

No. Truck was repaired that day.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:44 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie

Fuel cap was replaced and check fuel cap message disappeared after 2 days. Have not had any stalling issues upon start ups since truck went into shop. So far so good.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PortAuthorityCop
Fuel cap was replaced and check fuel cap message disappeared after 2 days. Have not had any stalling issues upon start ups since truck went into shop. So far so good.
Great, I'm happy to hear that!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:24 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Suresky??? They still around? First vehicle I ever purchased came from them over 35 years ago. They were in a very old building then that I think they were in since prohibition was the law of the land.

We've had family members work there as mechanics before I was born...

Old 08-21-2015, 10:43 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie

Hahaha...Suresky was really one of the 1st dealerships in Orange County. They are still there going strong.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:08 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

I was having intermittent stating problems on our 2012 Citadel 3.6. Took it in to the dealer, where they did the R09 recall, ran a series of tests, said couldn't find any problems. The recall seems to have fixed the starting issues, and we will see as we leave in the morning for a 2,000 mile trip. Since it was a recall, I was surprised to have a bill for the diagnostics on the starting.

Ed

Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hfx_cdn
I was having intermittent stating problems on our 2012 Citadel 3.6. Took it in to the dealer, where they did the R09 recall, ran a series of tests, said couldn't find any problems. The recall seems to have fixed the starting issues, and we will see as we leave in the morning for a 2,000 mile trip. Since it was a recall, I was surprised to have a bill for the diagnostics on the starting.

Ed
Recall R09 is specific for the TIPM causing fuel pump relay failure. Ain't no way on earth you should have been charged for an intermittent start failure. I'd raise hell...

Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie

Yeah you should not have been issued a bill. All diagnostics and key re program were covered free of charge. I have heard people saying software updates were required under their own vehicles circumstances that they were being charged for but that's it. Enjoy and have a safe trip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TIPM R09 repaired..but