3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

When is the last model year for the Durango?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Heat00
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNDurangoNow
As long as it sells they will keep making it. Everyone who rides in my Durango is amazed and and ask who makes this SUV. Dodge needs to do a better job of advertising and getting people to look at the Durango.

Ditto

Old 09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Heat00
Amateur

Originally Posted by Crankshaft57
Yup, TND hit it right on the head. Has any one even seen a TV add for the Durango lately ? If Dodge had TV adds for the Durango like they do for the Jeep I am sure sales would go up. Its one great looking SUV. My 2012 Crew 5.7 is one of the best trucks I have ever owned !!

Auggie

actually not long ago I saw a great commercial for the Durango where they labeled it a "7 passenger Charger"... which is really great and sort of true... actually I only have 6 seats with the bucket 2nd row but so true... love the D!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it would have been a huge mistake to discontinue it. Now if anyone at FCA knew their a$$ from a hole in the ground, they'd offer it with the ecodiesel just like the Grand Cherokee. Torque would exceed the 5.7 HEMI with 30'ish MPGs to make the government happy.

IMO, they need to offer that engine option in every mid size and larger RWD vehicle in the lineup...

Old 10-15-2015, 10:35 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I think it would have been a huge mistake to discontinue it. Now if anyone at FCA knew their a$$ from a hole in the ground, they'd offer it with the ecodiesel just like the Grand Cherokee. Torque would exceed the 5.7 HEMI with 30'ish MPGs to make the government happy.

IMO, they need to offer that engine option in every mid size and larger RWD vehicle in the lineup...
Or they could just put some software in there to get 30MPG on the test cycle ;-)

Someone mentioned all SUVs going to the Jeep brand. That's not a bad branding strategy. The "Durango" concept may survive, but be branded as a 3 row Jeep.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:11 AM
///AMG Hauler
Rookie

I've heard from a fairly reliable source (I know everyone has one but this person owns multiple brand dealerships in Florida)) that the Durango will remain in production and either an SRT 392 or Hemi Scat Pack version will become available once the Jeep Hellcat starts production.

Quick Reply: When is the last model year for the Durango?