3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Front Park - 2015 Durango Citadel

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Mark Jaques
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Park - 2015 Durango Citadel

Now heres a question for the experts. My wifes Durango is amazing - it even has adaptive cruise control and will alert AND brake for you if your about to drive into the guy in front. Amazing.

However, it strikes me as odd that the thing will not engage the same technology when she runs it into the garage wall parking......

Is there a front park setting on the car Ive missed? or just a feature that the car is incapable of doing?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Maybe have to be traveling at a certain speed before it activates? I.e., it thinks the driver is capable of braking on their own when travling less than 1 mph?? lol

Old 09-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Pappy35
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. There are no sensors embedded in the front bumper. I suspect the radar transceiver isn't accurate enough, and doesn't have the field of view, to work at such close range. Would be nice though.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:04 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Perhaps just do the old tennis-ball from the ceiling trick or perhaps she should back in where the rear park assist AND the camera should reduce the chances of her driving into the wall.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:55 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Maybe have to be traveling at a certain speed before it activates? I.e., it thinks the driver is capable of braking on their own when travling less than 1 mph?? lol
Yes...well, sort of. The front sensor is really a radar sensor as opposed to sonar and it's really only good at knowing when something immovable is approaching quickly. So, pulling into your garage slowly isn't going to be enough to trip it. However, if you pull in there at 20 mph, it's going to alert you.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:35 PM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie

You can easily have after-market parking-sensors installed, like
this one this one
Do not buy cheap ones, they are not reliable, or not really water-proof, and so on.
And unless you know what you are doing, have it installed by a professional, s/he can do the job in 3-4 hours.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:24 PM
roogie
Rookie

We use these mats we got at Walmart for $16:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40168084?w...479488&veh=sem

Old 09-09-2015, 08:50 AM
TNDurangoNow
Amateur

My wife loves her Citadel also especially all the safety features. I believe that if you have your foot on the brake the auto brake will not come on. Your wife is applying the break when parking. She just has a problem judging distance. Same with my wife so I hung a small piece of pool noodles from the ceiling. Problem solved.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:27 AM
JRRF
Captain

With all the wiz bang feature on the top of the line Citadel, you'd think they would put front park sensors on too. I also have trouble parking in front and so am overly careful, but luckily (knock wood) have yet to hit anything.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 AM
coldsteel
Captain

If you haven't noticed there has been a large number of new 'users' whose first post is some ridiculous 'problem' or is not possible or is completely irrelevant to the thread they are in - these are bots and the FORUM GODS should really institute a policy that if Post #1 is not in an intro thread or an actual intro to just block it.

Quick Reply: Front Park - 2015 Durango Citadel