3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I'm going to kill her

Old 01-25-2016, 03:12 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I'm going to kill her

This will be the 2nd time our lower air dam is replaced. This time she pulled out of the driveway and hit the snow piled up on the side of the driveway apron even though I've been very careful about actually shoveling the grass to prevent this very thing from happening. I've warned her before about pulling out of the driveway like a bat out of hell. I get a "I wasn't going that fast" then a picture. Yeah, not going very fast my ***.

Ripped out the push pins completely along with 2 other clips. I'm not certain there's not additional damage to the front bumper fascia even though she says there isn't. I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm not a happy camper.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:38 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Buy "her" her own car. Lol

Old 01-25-2016, 03:39 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Buy "her" her own car. Lol
This is her car. Mine is a new Charger and you can be damn sure she ain't driving it. I'm about to just sell the Durango and get her a beater if she keeps treating it the way she does. Let it be a lesson to you guys, anytime your wife says that if you buy her the nice car, she'll take care of it and keep it clean, forget it. Past actions are more indicative than future promises. Inside has trash everywhere.

Over $40k for the vehicle and doesn't show any respect for it. And she knows how much of a car person I am too and how much effort I put into keeping this and my vehicle nice and in good shape. And then when I get pissed when she abuses it, it's somehow my fault that I'm angry.

Last edited by mcfarl58; 01-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:53 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I feel ya. The wife always gets the "new" vehicle. I drive beaters cause I have a long commute. Every time, "I promise I'll keep this one clean". I swear it must be a female thing. Once a month I take a garbage bag and fill it up with the junk she collects. She also has a thing for curbs. Within a month all 4 wheels have curb rash.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:16 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I feel ya. The wife always gets the "new" vehicle. I drive beaters cause I have a long commute. Every time, "I promise I'll keep this one clean". I swear it must be a female thing. Once a month I take a garbage bag and fill it up with the junk she collects. She also has a thing for curbs. Within a month all 4 wheels have curb rash.
Glad it's not just me then. Lol.

Yeah, to me, it's a whole lot easier to take the McDonald's bag that's filled with trash and throw it into the trash bin as soon as you get home rather than letting it pile up. Same with tissues and everything else. The bin is literally right next to the garage where she parks. It's not like it's that difficult to get there.

And I'll tell you, never, and I mean NEVER, leave broccoli in the car on even a mild day. She did that one time because she forgot to pull her lunch out of the car one night. Holy crap you wouldn't believe the smell. I've seen dirty diapers that have smelled better.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:18 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smells?

YOu want to know bad smell in a vehicle?

I have a rule about kids drinking in the car. Water only. Maybe something in a sippy cup if I'm having weak moment.

LAst summer we were on our way back from the Shedd aquarium - two hour trip. Gave my 6 year old a 12oz chocolate milk against my better judgement. About 30 seconds after pulling out of the gas station he dropped the entire full thing between the back seat cushions and back door. It saturated the carpet. When we got home I flooded the back repeatedly and sucked it up. I took off trim and got every last bit of it. a few weeks later the car smelled like a mix of rotting flesh and vomit.

Luckily our day care lady had some enzyme cleaner that worked magic. But wow, it stunk bad after festering in the sun.

The other one from the same kid - in my old Maxima... he dropped a sippy cup full of orange juice under the driver seat. No idea how long that sat down there seeping out, but it was a crusty sticky mess. Took a LOT of water and scrubbing to get that out.

LAst one: couldn't figure out why wife's mini van stunk so bad. Tore it apart looking for used diapers. Finally figured it out.... took a walk with kids and dog. Picked up dog poo. Put bag of poo in basket under stroller. Left folded up stroller (with poo) in back of van. In the sun. For a week. You can't unsmell this. Luckily it went away as soon as the poo bag was removed.

Steve

PS: Now go back, apologize to your wife and make up so you don't end up sleeping in that charger. Fixing the car is cheaper than replacing her.

Last edited by wi-steve; 01-25-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Ptownzbrown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole thread is my life ... To a "T" . Wife always gets the nice or nicer car and if you didn't know any better you'd think she was homeless living out of the damn thing. I humped garbage out weekly and a dishwasher full of cups and Tupperware when she drove the Odyssey... Well we traded that for a Citadel and she made all the promises above and we haven't even had it a month and I found a half eaten peach in the console and other crap strewn about !!! It must be a woman thing and at least now I don't feel alone in the struggle .������

Old 01-27-2016, 09:09 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ptownzbrown
This whole thread is my life ... To a "T" . Wife always gets the nice or nicer car and if you didn't know any better you'd think she was homeless living out of the damn thing. I humped garbage out weekly and a dishwasher full of cups and Tupperware when she drove the Odyssey... Well we traded that for a Citadel and she made all the promises above and we haven't even had it a month and I found a half eaten peach in the console and other crap strewn about !!! It must be a woman thing and at least now I don't feel alone in the struggle .������
Lol. Sounds like the start of a support group.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:39 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy her a tractor, with a closed in cab.

No more worries.....

Old 01-29-2016, 11:16 AM
SammyEliot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get her a bicycle and put an end to it all

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm going to kill her