3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Price for new Limited

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Rocket67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price for new Limited

First off....Hi, I am new to this side of the Dodge forum. I have a 2008 Charger Daytona that has been a garage queen for most of it's life with only 36K miles on it and it looks brand new still.

Second, I searched and did not find so please no flames.

Ok, I am looking at a 2016 or 2015 Limited with the brass monkey package. I don't know all the options but the sticker on the ones I typically like are in the 41-42K range. I know on my Charger I paid $36 OTD and the sticker was 42 and that was a limited production car (#207/1650). I expect on the D I can do better but haven't bought a new car since 2008. Dodge used to be the company where you would take sticker and reduce by $10K and that was your price, is that still the deal? A local dealer is advertising 15 models at around $6K under sticker and I am sure you can work that down a bit more at the dealer.

I am looking to buy in July or August so have a little time to shop around and find the one I want. Also hoping that the 2017 models start showing up so I can work even better prices.

Also, anyone make a deal on an ordered vehicle?

Thanks for any input.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:30 AM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like to use truecar.com. When I shop for new cars I use the "dealer invoice" and compare to the "sticker price" to determine the percent mark-up on the base vehicle and the percent mark-up on all the accessories. This way I can calculate from the sticker price what is the dealer invoice of the vehicle in the showroom. Buying at the "right time", like end of the month, I've been able to buy cars at dealer invoice minus any factory incentives.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by DDCREW
I like to use truecar.com. When I shop for new cars I use the "dealer invoice" and compare to the "sticker price" to determine the percent mark-up on the base vehicle and the percent mark-up on all the accessories. This way I can calculate from the sticker price what is the dealer invoice of the vehicle in the showroom. Buying at the "right time", like end of the month, I've been able to buy cars at dealer invoice minus any factory incentives.

Thanks. Truecar.com put it around $37K before incentives and I think there is a $1750 factory rebate which gets it to mid 35K. I may just end up doing a lease.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Rocket67
Professional

Well, I made an offer on a 2016 Pearl White Limited with the Brass Monkey package. I offered $32K and the sticker is $41,039 so we'll see how it goes. This unit does have 70 miles on it so must have been used a few times as a demo. That should get me some discount points for sure. I need to look up how to get the towing bar added.Truecar had this at $37K so I already beat that without even negotiating.

Last edited by Rocket67; 06-10-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:12 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I wouldn't add tow

Originally Posted by Rocket67
Well, I made an offer on a 2016 Pearl White Limited with the Brass Monkey package. I offered $32K and the sticker is $41,039 so we'll see how it goes. This unit does have 70 miles on it so must have been used a few times as a demo. That should get me some discount points for sure. I need to look up how to get the towing bar added.Truecar had this at $37K so I already beat that without even negotiating.
If the DD did/does not have the tow option. I wouldn't be adding just a tow bar. There is more that should be added/needed on the DD for towing.

You might want to buy a DD that has a tow package already installed.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by usmc1811
If the DD did/does not have the tow option. I wouldn't be adding just a tow bar. There is more that should be added/needed on the DD for towing.

You might want to buy a DD that has a tow package already installed.

It can be added. I am not sure I really need it so will save the $$ until there is a reason.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Pappy35
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can add a towhook, yes, but the tow package, needed to haul the full rated amount, includes heavy-duty cooling, load-leveling rear shocks, and electrical harnesses. If the sales guy told you that he's either lying or doesn't actually know what's in the package. In my experience they have no qualms about telling you whatever you want to hear, regardless of truth, to secure the sale.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:55 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Concur 100%

Originally Posted by Pappy35
You can add a towhook, yes, but the tow package, needed to haul the full rated amount, includes heavy-duty cooling, load-leveling rear shocks, and electrical harnesses. If the sales guy told you that he's either lying or doesn't actually know what's in the package. In my experience they have no qualms about telling you whatever you want to hear, regardless of truth, to secure the sale.

Yep, car dealerships and the usual people working for them.

HAVE NO MORALS.......PERIOD!

Old 06-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Crew Member
Professional

I think you guys are a bit paranoid about the supposed inferiority of an aftermarket tow installation.

Load leveling suspension? Just make sure your tongue weight is not so high that it's bottoming out the regular shocks. Might take a bit more care in loading the trailer. Or get an aftermarket air lift kit. Probably better than the factory package anyway.

Heavy duty cooling? Probably designed for unrestricted towing in the Arizona heat, towing uphill both directions. In more moderate climate conditions you're probably fine. And you can monitor cooling, oil and tranny temperatures in the dash info screen to make sure you're not approaching overheating.

Electrical harness? It was already there in my D without the factory installed tow package. I bought the official Mopar tow hitch and it looks just like factory. The dealer hooked up the harness and activated it for $100.

Full size spare? Buy a used 18" Durango wheel off ebay for $100 if that's a big concern for you.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by Rocket67

$32K was a no-go, they flat out told me that was not going to happen. So, I am still looking as they have sold the one I was looking at. I guess I have found my threshold on pricing now. $7K off sticker is the price to beat.

-

Quick Reply: Price for new Limited