3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I get a warning: Right Turn Single Not Working?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:53 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The inside "blinkers" are for aesthetics only. So is the click noise from the cluster while they're operating.

If the TIPM sees a resistance value that is below a certain threshold, which in theory would indicate a bulb open circuit, the inside "blinker" will operate faster. There is no direct connection between the bulb and the green arrow on the cluster. It is all feedback bussed out to alert you.

It could actually be a tail lamp assembly itself. If you have an LED tail lamp assembly, the turn signal could actually appear normal speed on the outside but flash fast inside. I see this on Challengers quite frequently.

FYI there are different levels of tail lamps depending on model. Some can be ALL LED, partial LED+partial Conventional bulbs or ALL conventional Bulbs. They will all act different depending on the failure.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-09-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:02 PM
DRDIESEL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast blinker right side

I have a 2014 Limited that has the same problem, ALL the time. LED tail lights and front turn blink slow, but right mirror light and dash blink fast with a fault of right rear turn out.
Switched left and right tail lights and the problem still exists.
I work with two recent Dodge Dealer mechanics and they have no clue.
My Durango is out of warranty and im not throwing money at it without results.
I am a proud Mopar guy, but looks like I might have to lean to a Chevy next purchase

Old 03-30-2017, 01:03 AM
Pdxthom

Replaced all my rear bulbs with LED bulbs, they last much longer. The brake/flasher line needs a resistor but it's well worth it. The thing to remember is in the rear, replace the bulbs with RED LEDs not white. The red ones will come thru as really red the white ones come thru as pink.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:08 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by Pdxthom
Replaced all my rear bulbs with LED bulbs, they last much longer. The brake/flasher line needs a resistor but it's well worth it. The thing to remember is in the rear, replace the bulbs with RED LEDs not white. The red ones will come thru as really red the white ones come thru as pink.
Thanks for this. I heard previously not to use white led bulbs in red taillights. Good info.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
DRDIESEL
Default tailights

My Durango already has OEM LED tailights

Old 03-30-2017, 02:03 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DRDIESEL
I have a 2014 Limited that has the same problem, ALL the time. LED tail lights and front turn blink slow, but right mirror light and dash blink fast with a fault of right rear turn out.
Switched left and right tail lights and the problem still exists.
I work with two recent Dodge Dealer mechanics and they have no clue.
My Durango is out of warranty and im not throwing money at it without results.
I am a proud Mopar guy, but looks like I might have to lean to a Chevy next purchase

It's a bad resistor in the LED assembly. The module needs to see a resistance to diagnose a lamp out under normal circumstances, so the resistor in the LED is utilized. Obviously LED bulbs and regular bulb filaments have way different resistance. I am floored that a dealer can't figure this one out. This happens on Challengers mostly, but we see some others do this.

Search this Thread