3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Big Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 06:42 PM
salrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problems!

My 2012 R/T hasn't had ant issues for 93K miles. Two weeks ago, I had the check engine and traction control off warning lights come on. I had the code read and I'd said cam position sensor. So, I replaced it. A couple days later the check engine light goes out. The TC light went out as well. A week goes by and I think I'm good. Then two days ago, both lights come on again. On my way home, the warning lights light up like a Christmas tree and all throttle response is gone. Engine light, TC, the other TC (w/o the Off under it, next to the TC off light), a service awd light, some flashing red lightning bolt, think that's it. So I pull over and shut it off. Restart it, alls well and go home. Get home and shut it off. Start it up again and Christmas lights. Oh, and cranked quite a bit before it started, which it has never done.

I call the dealer and I am 2 weeks outside of warranty (bought it Dec 2016). Thoughts, outside of me being screwed?? They told me there is no outstanding recalls on it and no TIPM recall for my D...

Other thoughts: maybe my Hypertech went stupid? Anyone have this happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:28 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

same code set this time? What is the actual code #

Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 AM
GDM
Professional

Sorry to read about your issues, I hope you can resolve them under warranty. I have the same mileage on my 2011 Crew (93,000 miles). Although I have not experienced similar issues (yet) as you are experiencing, I have had a couple other troubling problems. The big one was the rear main bearing engine seal leaking recently and replaced. I was 4 months out of warranty and I asked the service tech to see if dodge would cover all or part of it. They did under a loyalty/good will gesture at 75% which pleased me. You will want to ask them to cover your issues under warranty for sure.

I'll comment on the other issue I have had/am having....the front wheel bearings. I had to replace the drivers side recently, and now am wintering in Florida and suspect the passenger wheel bearing is going out due to similar noise I am hearing to what I heard from the other bearing. I have not had it in the shop yet, but fully expect that this wheel bearing is going to need replacing.

So, long term reliability is beginning to give me some concerns on what has been a good vehicle for me for the first 90,000 miles. Good luck getting your issues corrected.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 AM
salrt
Professional

Well, I decided to pull my Hypertech off and one of the wires came off the MAP sensor (hypertech side). Once removed, it fired right up. I dropped it off to the Dodge dealer this morning and they cleared the codes. It ran fine, so they are changing to oil and told me to drive it and see if any of the lights come back on. Bummer about the Hypertech, but it did great for 93K miles!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Originally Posted by salrt
Well, I decided to pull my Hypertech off and one of the wires came off the MAP sensor (hypertech side). Once removed, it fired right up. I dropped it off to the Dodge dealer this morning and they cleared the codes. It ran fine, so they are changing to oil and told me to drive it and see if any of the lights come back on. Bummer about the Hypertech, but it did great for 93K miles!
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Now get a Diablo tune from Sean and Hemifever and you will be more than happy and glad you got rid of the Hypertech!