3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2018 SRT Durango...YES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:58 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now will Dodge come out with the Shaker DD model too. One can only hope.

But, if not this one will do.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 AM
J6L
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It took a bit of time but there it is....wow.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:24 AM
oharag
Rookie

wi-steve

What features do you speak of for U-Connect. I understand the latest (2017 onward) have Apple and Android Play, where older U-Connects added at least Siri commands.

Can you recommend brake updates for my 2015 Durango R/T? After driving my Cadillac CTS-V with huge rotors and Brembo brakes I would love to achieve the grip/stopping power that the caddy has. I think the R/T brakes are soft and mushy with long stopping distance. I would also like to get colored calipers. Do you know of any off the self source for poweder coated calipers for the Durango?

Thanks

Originally Posted by wi-steve
Considering I just bought my RT less than a year ago, it's depressing to see I missed out. But hey, reality check I couldn't afford this anyway.

Looks like they really put some nice work into this. The revised dash looks great, the red seats appear to be a classier shade of red... some little details that I wonder if we'll see trickle into the standard models for 2018.

It would be really cool if there was a simple software hack/update to bring some of those new Uconnect features into the regular system.

On Dodge's facebook ads I have seen negative comments criticizing Dodge for continuing with a model with a foundation that started in 2011. But really, so many incremental updates have been made that the Durango is still better than most any mid size family SUV on the market today in my opinion.

Steve

PS this thing really makes me want to pull the trigger on a chip, CAI, exhaust, and brake upgrades.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:02 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering I just bought my RT less than a year ago, it's depressing to see I missed out. But hey, reality check I couldn't afford this anyway.

Looks like they really put some nice work into this. The revised dash looks great, the red seats appear to be a classier shade of red... some little details that I wonder if we'll see trickle into the standard models for 2018.

It would be really cool if there was a simple software hack/update to bring some of those new Uconnect features into the regular system.

On Dodge's facebook ads I have seen negative comments criticizing Dodge for continuing with a model with a foundation that started in 2011. But really, so many incremental updates have been made that the Durango is still better than most any mid size family SUV on the market today in my opinion.

Steve

PS this thing really makes me want to pull the trigger on a chip, CAI, exhaust, and brake upgrades.

Articles that I've seen is that a lot of the creature comforts in the 2018 SRT will make their way to the standard models as well such as a leather trimmed dash (probably will be an option in the Citadel and R/T trims). That, to me, would be a huge upgrade over the plastic covered dash that they have currently and would be a welcome addition for those that can't get the SRT due to price (or don't want to due to mpg).

I love it. Surprised they didn't just go all out hellcat, but seems like they're holding that for the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (to be revealed soon). In any event, the 392 engine in the Durango makes sense from a price standpoint. They'll sell a ton of them because it'll be a $70k vehicle that's fully loaded and powerful. I think going to a hellcat engine would put it in the $100k territory and that's out of reach for a large portion of Dodge buyers. The Trackhawk will be in that territory too so they probably don't want to have the two SUV SRTs compete against each other.

Excited to see them on the road and posted here when they go on sale (4th quarter of 2017 so we're going to wait a while it seems). I'd be interested to see the mpg rating. What is everyone's guess on that? I'm thinking about 15 highway, if that. Lol.

I also like that it's "practical" since it's AWD. Many of these trackstar SUVs are RWD only. This one will be a year round fun machine.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oharag
wi-steve

What features do you speak of for U-Connect. I understand the latest (2017 onward) have Apple and Android Play, where older U-Connects added at least Siri commands.

Can you recommend brake updates for my 2015 Durango R/T? After driving my Cadillac CTS-V with huge rotors and Brembo brakes I would love to achieve the grip/stopping power that the caddy has. I think the R/T brakes are soft and mushy with long stopping distance. I would also like to get colored calipers. Do you know of any off the self source for poweder coated calipers for the Durango?

Thanks
I saw pictures that showed the center screen reading out additional gauges or track performance (not sure which or if it's both). There are more driving modes, and active noise cancellation in certain modes. THis is pretty cool stuff, perhaps some of it is possible with the existing hardware.

As for the brake upgrades, I don't know exactly what I would do. Admittedly I really think the red calipers look cool. Compared to my wife's Odyssey, the brakes on this thing are great. Search the forums, I am sure people here have written about it.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw pictures that showed the center screen reading out additional gauges or track performance (not sure which or if it's both). There are more driving modes, and active noise cancellation in certain modes. THis is pretty cool stuff, perhaps some of it is possible with the existing hardware.

As for the brake upgrades, I don't know exactly what I would do. Admittedly I really think the red calipers look cool. Compared to my wife's Odyssey, the brakes on this thing are great. Search the forums, I am sure people here have written about it.

The uconnect display features are known as the performance Pages. They are available on all SRT and Scat Pack as well as Road & Track versions of the Dodge vehicles. They're typically not available on the lower models such as the RT, Citadel SXT versions however many have stated that they can be unlocked with a tuner or other aftermarket products that can unlock various features.
The different Drive modes with respect to exhaust sound is due to active exhaust control. I doubt that will ever be made available on any of the lower trim models as it is often expensive to do. Although they may offer it as an option on an RT. As for the Magnetic Ride control that controls the suspension stiffness, probably forget about that being offered on anything other than the SRT vehicle

Old 02-11-2017, 07:41 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I cant wait to get one. About time I build another Durango.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:06 AM
Duc.l

That means that the tweet I received is true : https://twitter.com/dodge/status/829328954959949824

Old 05-17-2017, 06:12 PM
TROYHELLCAT

Hi do you think the durango SRT will offer a panoramic sunroof? I hope so!!

Old 05-15-2018, 06:15 AM
iward3

Here is the Sales Rep and Receipt.