Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

i stand corrected.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 PM
roogie
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgunes
What's the difference between the pentastar and the hemi in real life driving?
We have a 2011 AWD 3.6L, my wife drives it most of the time. Obviously with the 3.6L you need to rev it up to get that nearly 300hp to get it moving quickly, which it will do if pushed. I usually shift it manually to hold it a lower gear and be closer to that sweet spot in the city, but I am a professional driver and prefer to be under complete control and have more engine braking.

The torque and extra power of the Hemi would be preferred for towing, plus it lends itself to let the transmission control the shifting. If I drive ours in Drive I always feel like it's always pushing to be in the highest gear to get better mileage.

Ours has the towing package, but I've only used it once to take my motorcycle to get the valves adjusted, so less than 1000 pounds. Ours is mainly soccer mom/vacation duty and does fine, great traveling vehicle. Consistently average 24mpg, unless it's really windy.

roog

Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 PM
sgunes

Originally Posted by roogie
We have a 2011 AWD 3.6L, my wife drives it most of the time. Obviously with the 3.6L you need to rev it up to get that nearly 300hp to get it moving quickly, which it will do if pushed. I usually shift it manually to hold it a lower gear and be closer to that sweet spot in the city, but I am a professional driver and prefer to be under complete control and have more engine braking.

The torque and extra power of the Hemi would be preferred for towing, plus it lends itself to let the transmission control the shifting. If I drive ours in Drive I always feel like it's always pushing to be in the highest gear to get better mileage.

Ours has the towing package, but I've only used it once to take my motorcycle to get the valves adjusted, so less than 1000 pounds. Ours is mainly soccer mom/vacation duty and does fine, great traveling vehicle. Consistently average 24mpg, unless it's really windy.

roog
24 mpg sounds great to me. I get barely 15 mpg premium gas with my VW Touareg V8.

I guess the Hemi is closer to 15-17 mpg city and 18 -20 mpg Hwy (without towing).

Old 03-20-2017, 11:41 PM
roogie
Rookie

Originally Posted by sgunes
24 mpg sounds great to me. I get barely 15 mpg premium gas with my VW Touareg V8.

I guess the Hemi is closer to 15-17 mpg city and 18 -20 mpg Hwy (without towing).
I'd guess that would depend on how much gravity works that right foot.

We get around 20mpg in the city, regular grade gas. A little less if I drive it a lot.

roog

Search this Thread