3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 swap 5.7 working out bugs

Old 05-09-2015, 10:53 AM
sikesfarm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 swap 5.7 working out bugs

OK so I just did a motor swap. 4.7 to a 5.7 body is a four door SLT . turned the key on it yesterday. It would start but not stay running past its prime. Had some trouble with the starter solinoid pig tail staying clipped correctly while figuring that out something happened or I did something and now I turn the key and everything clicks and turns on but go to roll the motor over and the starter won't even try to engage. But run direct power to the starter and it will engage but the motor want start just roll over. Has a diablo tune on the ecm came like that. I use a super chip so and didn't restore the truck to factory before I started the motor swap for I was ignorant and did not know to think about such a problem. Looking for wisdom and to bounce ideas. Planning to flash the ecm but I'm not sure that is the problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.7 swap 5.7 working out bugs