3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
haha yeah thats crazy your setup is the same. I've only used the datalog on the gauge once and my dash lights started going crazy so I havent worked up the nerve to try it again. I've got a obdII splitter that I can run the sc and gauge together so I just record times with the SC. It's a shame you can't take advantage of the trans options, I've finished my shift schedule and it feels like a whole new truck. If you really want to sell the 3865, you should put it on eBay. People are paying good money now with the new trans release. Check out this ebay auction for a used tuner that didnt even indicate if it's locked or not.
Yeah, they are a hot item with the new releases coming out. 03

Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine always has the A/F displayed, then cycles trans temp and ST KR

Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 AM
ThunderedRod
Rookie

mmm just ordered mine should be here soon. Hope to install a efan soon this should help me keep track of the coolant temps.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 AM
davb673
Veteran

i have learned the in dash temp gauge leaves much to be desired. Mine is normally about 3 needle-widths shy of center, and according to my SC via datalogging, that is 193*. At the middle mark, I see 212*.
I am glad to hear this device monitors tranny temps. I am hoping it reads line pressure. I see it also monitors open/closed loop operation.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM
davb673
Veteran

Could anyone tell me if these gauges show you instant MPG? I should have asked when I asked about fuel flow. If it doesn't, I see on the website you can buy a 5v converter for any 12v input. If injectors are either voltage and it doesn't show MPG, a tap off the #1 injector would enable monitoring fuel flow or MPG...I think.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think they just do GPH but Im pretty sure it does not do MPG.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davb673
Could anyone tell me if these gauges show you instant MPG? I should have asked when I asked about fuel flow. If it doesn't, I see on the website you can buy a 5v converter for any 12v input. If injectors are either voltage and it doesn't show MPG, a tap off the #1 injector would enable monitoring fuel flow or MPG...I think.

Your overhead sdoes Instant MPG's and is precisely the reason why it's NOT accurate. it's merely doing mathematical forumlations to deterimine how much gas was sprayed by the pulses of the injectors and multiplies it out. Well, when you multiply that small portion out, the margin of error gets larger and larger by the amount of times you do that. it's like taking a Tablespoon of gasoline and figuring out how many it takes to fill a milk jug. You could be off by as many as 50-100spoonfulls which can make the margin of error fairly high. Where as grouping larger amounts of fluid together will reslult in much less of an error. This is why mileage readouts bareley move if you never reset them and they are constantly changing when you do. ANY instant reader will be innacurate and provide a false sense of MPG security...

Old 02-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Josh17
Rookie

I bought the interceptor for my 99' dakota. I found out that it wouldn't get power from my obd 2 port (the port is fine a code reader hooks up fine) so I hooked the gauge up to a 12 volt source using the red wire of the 3 wire mini connector. It did turn on for a second but unfortunately I missed the step to remove the OBD2 port power jumper and accidentally fried it. So I have to send it in to get it repaired. Even so, It is a very nicely made product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge