3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Multi-function switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:13 PM
ricer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi-function switch

Anybody ever replace a multi-function switch? I have a 2006 Ram 1500 QC and believe the switch is the problem. Seems to be rather common. Wipers working at their own pace and try to switch to high beams and sometimes get high beams and sometimes not. When high beams do come on sometimes can switch them back and sometimes stuck on high beam. Switch is $90.00 and not sure about the labor at the local dealership. I bought the truck at a local used car lot and the owner said if I got the switch they would put it in for $25.00. About everything I am reading about the switch says to take it to the dealer but they want $88.00 just to diagnose it then parts and labor on top of that. Could use some good advice. Thanks.
Name:  P2190027.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  29.7 KB

Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently it isn't too bad. I've not done it personally, but there are many posts of how easy it is. Still, for $25, I think I'd pay to have it done.

Quick Reply: Multi-function switch